Take Me There by Susane Colasanti

Take Me There

by Susane Colasanti

Great book. I loved the characters, especially James. Some of the language did bug me, but once I got past that, the storyline and characters were brilliant.

Full review on my website. www.the-book-tower.blogspot.co.uk ( )
  bookish92 | Mar 20, 2014 |
A couple weeks in the lives of 3 high school juniors told from the perspectives of each. The boy's voice wasn't entirely convincing, but other than that it was entertaining. ( )
  heike6 | May 2, 2013 |
Originally Posted on Strawberry Splash Book Reviews

Rhiannon's boyfriend just broke up with her and she isn't quite sure why. All she knows is that she wants him back. Nicole just broke up with her boyfriend who is still in love with her. James' girlfriend just broke up with him because of Rhiannon. Taking place over an event filled week, the story is told from each of their perspectives.

This is the first book I have read by this author and I really liked her writing style. Trying to write like a teenager would talk is rarely a good idea but she did a really good job with it. I also really liked the three different perspectives of the same story. It was an interesting read.

The characters in this book were very relatable. I liked James' perspective the best seeing as I could relate to him more than I could to Nicole and Rhiannon. Nicole actually bothered me until I read her section but she grew on me.

The one thing that really bothered me in this book was the ending. It just seemed to end so suddenly. I think the story should have gone a little farther than it did. Other than that, I thought it was a really good book and I definitely recommend it. ( )
  Strawberryreviews | Jul 5, 2011 |
This was probably my least favorite Susane Colasanti book I've read. I started reading it and couldn't get past the first few chapters, more than once. So finally, I sat down with it said I was going to finish it, just cause I wanted something to read. I'm glad I did.

When you're reading it it's like someone is actually saying the words. This is something that Colasanti excels at...talking like a teenager. :)

Basically it follows around three teenagers in a week's time, their stories overlap. The events of the week are told to us through these three teen's perspectives. It is neat how all the stories overlap, but they aren't really repetitive. Colasanti can write the same scene, yet make it feel new as well as giving new insight into what transpired.

The overall story is about Rhiannon, Nicole, and James.

Rhiannon's best friend is James, her best girl friend is Nicole, and her boyfriend, Steve, just broke up with her. So, she is dealing with the break-up throughout the book.

Nicole just broke up with Danny for no apparent reason. So, she is dealing with that, plus an obsession she has with a certain someone.

James is just dealing with his life in general and trying to be there for Rhiannon. He is also good friends with Danny.

It's really hard to say anything more without giving anything away, but like I said, the different perspectives overlap and come together nicely. The writing is fun to read, and once you get into the book...you'll want to finish it! :)
  trueturquoise | Mar 2, 2011 |
I would recommend this book to a friend.
It's about highschool life and all the drama that happens. It sounds real, and not overdramatic. There's three different views; Rhiannon, Nicole, and Janus.
4Q, 4P; Cover Art: Okay.
This book is best suited for middleschoolers.
It was selected, because it just felt like it would be relatable.
Grade (of reviewer): 11th
(TM-AHS-NC)
  edspicer | Oct 29, 2010 |
For Pierre, who proves that true love is something real
My life could not possibly suck more than it does right now.

Rhiannon is devastated after the breakup with her boyfriend and wants him back. Nicole'’s ex is still pining for her, but she can'’t help having a new crush. And then there is James, hopelessly in love with Rhiannon, who can'’t see that their friendship can be so much more. Just when things couldn'’t get more complicated, the school'’s resident mean girl decides she is intent on ruining everyone's life. James, Nicole, and Rhiannon are not going to let this slide. Will their desire for karmic retribution bring these three friends what they want?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:27 -0400)

Three New York high school students try to sort out their emotions as they deal with relationships, crushes, their families, and planning for the future.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,387,816 books! | Top bar: Always visible