Accidents in the Home by Tessa Hadley

Accidents in the Home

by Tessa Hadley

This book didn't really ever go anywhere, or when it did we weren't there. It takes you up to the point where something is going to happen, jumps to another place or time, and comes back to find the "something" happened without you. I was very disappointed in it. ( )
  BinnieBee | Jun 2, 2007 |
I had a difficult time getting through this book. The indivual family vignettes were enjoyable enough but the way the author flipped between them left me to consult the family tree at the front of the book on multiple occassions. Certainy I wasn't the only one or it wouldn't have been there. Just OK. Wouldn't recommend. ( )
  annaj0013 | Apr 15, 2007 |

Clare Menges is the twenty-nine-year-old suburban mother of three, but her comfortable world is disrupted when her best friend’s lover appears in her life. Anyway Clare’s perfect life was never what it seemed; the world of her family is a complicated and fraught web of marriages and divorces, half-siblings and stepchildren, broken homes and homes reassembled. As Clare’s relationships begin to unravel, she notices her life repeating the patterns of those around her. Tessa Hadley constructs a beautifully fashioned and intimate portrait of family life in our times.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:40 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,450,445 books! | Top bar: Always visible