The Fountain (graphic novel) by Darren…

The Fountain (graphic novel) (2005)

by Darren Aronofsky (Writer), Kent Williams (Illustrator)

Series: The Fountain

A hauntingly beautiful and heart wrenching graphic novel that suffers from an overly concise back-cover synopsis. I don't think you really should read this story for the plot, because it is rather jumpy and not explained and doesn't really seem to line up very well with the synopsis. Instead I found it much more meaningful to just let myself get lost in the theme - passionate love ripped away too soon.

Things it reminds me of: Paul Pope's drawing style and Sandman's typographical choices. ( )
  swampygirl | Aug 24, 2014 |
I have to say, I wasn't crazy about this. The art was alright, but not my favorite style. And the story... it was confusing and odd and I didn't really care for it. ( )
  .Monkey. | Dec 17, 2013 |
As a graphic novel, the story was a bit tough to follow and the flashback/flashforward transitioning wasn't as smooth as I might've liked.

That said, the art is the best and the most original of any graphic novel out there. Kent Williams' images pave a path for graphic novels as art beyond literature. The Fountain really made me want to check out more of his work. ( )
  rommy | Jul 19, 2009 |
A stunningly beautiful book with a powerful love story. I hope I'll be able to watch the movie soon. But even so, this book touched me deeply. ( )
  atia | Mar 18, 2007 |

Aronofsky, DarrenWriterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Williams, KentIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
We are close.
This is the graphic novel adaptation, not the film companion or the film itself.

What if you could live forever? "The Fountain" is an odyssey about a man's thousand-year struggle to save the woman he loves. In three separate lives - Tomas the conquistador, Tommy the scientist, and Tom the explorer - Thomas is driven to discover the mysteries of life; all three stories converge into one truth as he comes to terms with life, death, love, and rebirth.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,648,406 books! | Top bar: Always visible