Merciless by Robin Parrish

I picked up all 3 together and read them back to back. Even though this is a Christian publisher, the message is very subtle and would be a good read to recommend to non-Christian friends who like scifi & books with supernatural elements. If you like your books with a fast pace, reasonable character development, and a semi-believable plot about good vs evil, then this is a series for you. ( )
  SusanBNM | Nov 23, 2014 |
Final book in the Trilogy! Again, the plot moved slowly with description of the destruction of earth after Grant's character transformation. This book becomes a religious primer on the "End Times" with Grant's character forced to become Oblivion, the forth horseman of the Apocalypse. Story was supported by a number of Biblical quotes predicting the struggle between good and evil with evil destroying all mankind from the Universe. The description of the pain and misery experienced by the population and the ring bearers who were compelled to become an evil army to help with Oblivion's destruction seemed excessive and unnecessary. Maybe my non-religious perspective on life tainted my appreciation for this story but, I felt hoodwinked by being drawn into what was essentially a bible story under the guise of a science fiction story. Wish I had known of the Christian bias before I spent so much time reading this series. If I had, I might have avoided purchasing the last two books in the series and saved a lot of my personal time! ( )
  JosephLYoung | Jan 21, 2011 |
Very good. Excellent ending. Sometimes a book ends, leaving you with a sense of wonder, as to what will happen to the characters. This one ends well, with good closure. It is not the best book I have read, but it definitely kept the pace going, and a strong sense of mystery as to how the book would end. Did not completely expect the ending. I still need to go back to the first book, as I, for some reason, got the second book, first. ( )
  WCallister | Sep 20, 2009 |
NCLA Review -In the final book in the Dominion trilogy, the ringwearers must stop the devastation of the planet before it is too late. With the planet turning to ashes right under their feet, it seems like an impossible task to stop Oblivion. Without their leader they must find ways on their own to stop the destruction in time. But one ringwearer finds this hard to do. Oblivion, the source of the destruction, has a striking resemblance to the one she holds dear to her heart. This exciting conclusion to the trilogy, filled with love and deep truths, is definitely worth the read. Rating: 4 —SM 400p, Bethany 2008, 978-0764201790, $19.99 [813.6] ( )
  ncla | Jul 11, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764201794, Hardcover)

The climactic showdown in this high-octane series pits an unnamable evil against those still fueled by hope. Dominion Trilogy book 3.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:32 -0400)

Grant Borrows has supposedly fallen to his doom, but when something crawls out of the pit--something dark and merciless with unrestrained power--it proclaims itself "Oblivion" and begins molding the planet into a twisted, barren, dangerous world. Is it Grant Borrows returned from the dead or something more sinister?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,624,196 books! | Top bar: Always visible