The Very First Story Ever Told by Lisl Weil

The Very First Story Ever Told (1976)

by Lisl Weil

92950,433 (4)None

Sweet story with delightful simple drawings about Creation and Adam and Eve. Not all the details are consistent with the Bible, but it's close enough. I especially like the very first page with a square separated diagonally into the cream color used for the background of the other pictures and the dark brown used to draw everything. There are also some lovely illustrations of Adam and Eve, created as children, enjoying themselves.

In this version of the Adam and Eve story, God tells both children not to eat the yellow apples on the tree on the hill and they promise to obey. Eve is curious, the snake encourages her, she tells Adam that no one will notice if one apple is missing. Although the apple is yummy, they don't feel good after tasting it. When God appears that night, he is upset that they broke their promise. They must leave their garden and work before they can eat and rest. But when God sees that they have built a shelter for themselves, he smiles and says, once again, "That's good!"

I thought this was the story I had read years ago in which the sin was not waiting until the fruit was ripe. It isn't. But there is a lot about consequences and also forgiveness and starting over. ( )
  raizel | Oct 7, 2011 |
The Very First Story Ever Told is a re-told version of the Bible story of the seven days of Creation. It discusses what God created and how He was pleased. It also depicts the story of Eve being tempted by a serpent. It shows God's enduring love for Adam and Eve despite the distance their poor decisions caused between them.

This book is a great tool to introduce young children to the Bible. It uses age appropriate language and simplistic illustrations to relay the message of God's love in a way that is easy to understand. I enjoyed the way it gave great descriptions of the things created.

In the classroom, I am not sure if I would use this book unless it was at church. At church, I would use this book for an early childhood class and explain to them how mighty God is by creating all that we have. I would have the children name additional things not mentioned in the story that God has given them. I would also use this book to demonstrate the love God has for them even when mistakes are made. I would have a discussion about how no one is perfect and yet God loves them anyway. ( )
  debrajohnson316 | Feb 13, 2010 |
To my friends,
to Bernice, to Beatrice, to Mary Jane
and to Jean.
At the beginning there was not a thing.
so God created the light and the dark,

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0689305168, Library Binding)

Retells the stories of the creation of the world and the fall of Adam and Eve.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:22 -0400)

Retells the stories of the creation of the world and the fall of Adam and Eve.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,252,325 books! | Top bar: Always visible