The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift…

The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess

by Lou Schuler, Alwyn Cosgrove (Collaborator)

The only SANE book I've ever read on this subject. ( )
  killerX | Jan 8, 2016 |
Only read brief sample. Sounds sensible but too brief to tell. Need to browse hardcopy
  Spurts | Oct 29, 2015 |
An excellent guide to strength training and nutrition for women backed by science and research. It's easy to read and tongue-in-cheek which I appreciate. Highly recommend it for women looking to get stronger and that want to step away from the "barbie" weights. ( )
  MichelleCH | Apr 5, 2013 |
There's a lot of misinformation floating around about women and strength training. This book goes a long way to correct that, and I applaud it.

I didn't like this quite as well as [b:New Rules of Lifting: Six Basic Moves for Maximum Muscle|48730|New Rules of Lifting Six Basic Moves for Maximum Muscle|Lou Schuler|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1170356434s/48730.jpg|13094485], primarily because it was clogged up with a lot of recipes. I don't read weightlifting books for the recipes. I read 'em for the routines. But again, solid science, interesting workouts, and a pleasant amount of scorn for "pink Barbie weights" that do nothing for anyone.

The routine seemed quite good, and maybe after I finish the 6 or 8 month NROL: Men routine, I'll give this one a try. But I'm not going to cook from the book. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
New Rules for Women: At first glance, I was not totally pleased. But...once I started reading the material, I was glad I purchased the book. The author uses fact and humor which makes for a more enjoyable read. I will incorporate some of the info. I have obtained through this book in my work-outs for myself as well as my clients.
  lonepalm | Dec 8, 2011 |

Lou Schulerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cosgrove, AlwynCollaboratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Targeted specifically at women, outlines a scientifically based weight-lifting method that focuses on the body's natural abilities, and presents programs for fat loss, muscle gain, and strength improvement.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,788,177 books! | Top bar: Always visible