Batman: Hush by Jeph Loeb

Batman: Hush

by Jeph Loeb (Writer), Jim Lee (Illustrator), Scott Williams (Inker)

I like Catwoman, I have liked her since I saw Batman with Michelle Pfeiffer in the role. For me she is the perfect Catwoman and Halle Berry and Anne Hathaway isn’t half a Catwoman as she is! Anyway this is a great comic book; I started reading it late an evening (never a good thing when one has to go up early to find something so delicious to read) and I it was such a good story with lots of lots of villains and some Batman & Catwoman luve!! I’m a girl, I like a bit of snogging sometimes in comics.

The mastermind behind it all? Well it wasn’t all that surprising when he/she was finally reviled. But still it was a freakily great comic.

4.5 stars!

| Feb 9, 2016 | edit |
Great story and amazing art!!! A must read for any batman fan! ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
I was going to put some spoilers in here to explain what I mean, and I even read sections again to make sure I got a few facts straight. However, I ditched that and wrote this instead.

This is some fucked up shit. You know when you invest in a character and, at the end of it, they turn out to be a no-good SOAB that you want to spit on and slap in to the ground ... yeah, that. There is also a chunk of mind control going on here as well, so it isn't so easy to tell who is doing what.

Face facts. There's more twists in here than a bag of fusilli. When you're dealing with the Batman universe, there's screwed up egos, heroes, villains, action, lore and dubious motivations aplenty.

I don't really follow the comics or know too much of the Batman universe beyond the usual TV episodes, so there were things in here that I didn't know about, but that didn't stop me being carried with, and enjoying the book. They seemed to know what I wouldn't know, and introduced some fill-in panels which explained characters and features that I would otherwise have been scratching my head over. Well, actually, they could have been introducing fresh lore here and I wouldn't have had a clue.

I will say this; that when the final, final, FINAL ending was revealed, (I may have missed a, "final," or two in there.) it did leave a little empty growl in the corner of my stomach. I was expecting something a little more meaty and intellectual than what came.

The art was impressive. As well as the stuff that you're supposed to see, there are also the things that you're supposed to not-see, if you know what I mean. Like early on, there's a fight between Batman and Killer Croc; and in the background is Cat Woman. Small enough to not be seen, but nevertheless ... you see her. That kind of plant takes skill.

And now ... finally ... (finally?) ... I can go to bed and get some sleep. This is panda eyes, signing out. ( )
  msknight | Nov 17, 2015 |
This is one of my favorite comics of all times. I love it because a lot of my favorite characters are in it. ( )
  harleyqgrayson02 | Jul 29, 2015 |
Probably one of the greatest Batman stories of all time. Even the artwork was amazing. This story included many classic Batman villains and allies and at least one new character. ( )
  Chris_El | Mar 19, 2015 |

Loeb, JephWriterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lee, JimIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Williams, ScottInkermain authorall editionsconfirmed
Please, do not combine the Absolute Edition with other single-volume editions (Hardcover or Paperback) due to different content.

Batman's relationship with Catwoman becomes more intense as an unknown foe, known only as Hush, continues to train the Dark Knight's adversaries, such as the Joker and Harley Quinn, while inflicting torturous mental and physical terror upon Batman, Robin, and Nightwing.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,837,804 books! | Top bar: Always visible