Superman: Escape from Bizarro World by Geoff…

Superman: Escape from Bizarro World

by Geoff Johns, Richard Donner (Author), Eric Powell (Illustrator)

Superman goes to Bizarro World to rescue his father, who was kidnapped by Bizarro Superman, and runs across strange versions of the Justice League of America, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, and others as he tries to accomplish his mission. Collects other classic Bizarro tales.

Bizarro stories make my head hurt, which doesn't make them bad, they just take a lot of concentration to read and make sense of.

Bizarro makes his own world under a blue sun (the world is square) and Bizarro populates it with other Bizarro people then takes Jonathan Kent from Earth. That makes Superman come to rescue his father, and throws everything into chaos. Including 'Bizarro Vision', which I'm only sorta clear on. It either seems to create Bizarro people from other Bizarro people, or something like that.

I didn't love, love the art in the first and main story, it seemed very dark and very dusty.

I did like the story though. It's not often that a comic story hits the 'everone's different but that's okay' note well, but ironically, with all its craziness aside, this story did. ( )
  DanieXJ | Oct 25, 2014 |
Well, I'll say one thing for this book; it was definitely bizarre...Ugly art and an equally un-prepossessing storyline made this a failure for me. [full review in my bloghref>] ( )
  theinsidestory | May 19, 2010 |

Geoff Johnsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Donner, RichardAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Powell, EricIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Vaughn, Brian K.Introductionsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,850,626 books! | Top bar: Always visible