Interesting, Very Interesting: The Autobiography

by Barry Davies

512,303,574 (4)None
Barry Davies is one of Britain's best-known voices and faces of sports broadcasting, commentating on some of the most compelling and exciting moments in televised sport over the past 40 years. Here, he relives the magic of those events and reveals what was going on behind the scenes.

Thought this book was called Interesting Very Interesting, not the afore mentioned line which granted is another of his classics. This turned up very unexpectedly in my works canteen library the other day and I read it inside two days. Barry has always been my favourite tv commentator for football and I found this book very entertaining, Pleasingly the theme of the book is more look at how lucky ive been to go to this and work with him/her than blowing his trumpet which doesnt surprise me. Clearly a man who knew his limitations on the many sports he commentated on and always willing to learn frow those that knew, to give us the end product of a highly knowledgable commentator and one who despite missing out on so many of the really top football matches has still been at the mic for some of the most iconic football moments of my life. Words and phrases are of course his business and the book is perfectly balanced with his best ones which are skilfully weaved into the text without appearing to be self indulgent. Always nice to read a book which focuses on the positives, which over a long career in interviewing so many people is to the mans credit. ( )
  jigwagigiggs | Sep 16, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,765,485 books! | Top bar: Always visible