Don't Tell a Soul by David Rosenfelt

Don't Tell a Soul

by David Rosenfelt

To Read (510)

Great story, with a thriller twist and likable characters. ( )
  MichelleConnell | Sep 26, 2018 |
Good story and writing. Tim Wallace takes his new bride aboard his boat for the first time. When her new hat flies into the water she begs Tim to retrieve it for her. As he reaches it in the water, the boat explodes, killing the wife. Of course the police believe Tim somehow arranged the "accident", but are unable to arrest him due to lack of evidence. The lead investigator, Novak, vows not to let the case get cold. Less than a year later, Tim goes to the police with a tip about a murder, claiming a stranger in a bar told him where the body was buried. Novak is sure now Tim is a monster and vows to nail him. When an arrest warrant is issued Tim hides from the police and tries to figure out who is setting him up and why. I always enjoy Rosenfelt's writing, as it is easy to read and flows well. I got a little bogged down in this one from the jumping around to different points, and the political sidestory. But the characters are interesting and sympathetic. I would give this one 3.5 stars and recommend it for fans of mysteries. ( )
  dorie.craig | Jun 22, 2017 |
The protagonist is thirty-year old Tim Wallace, the owner of Wallace Industries, a small New Jersey construction company. One May afternoon, Tim and Maggie, who have been married for five months, go out on Tim's thirty-foot motorboat. Tragically, the boat suddenly explodes with Maggie on board. Tim miraculously survives but the police suspect him of orchestrating his wife's death. His life is about to become a nightmare.

There's enough here to make me think that DAvid Rosenfelt may turn into a great thriller writer and to make this book worth persevering with. If you can suspend your disbelief, it's a easy to read page turner than goes down easily. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
I really enjoy this author - fast paced and witty with lots of twists and turns to the plot. For me it was a "one more chapter" book - meaning I was always tempted to read "just one more chapter" even when I needed to stop reading to do other things. ( )
  KylaS | Feb 18, 2016 |
I enjoy Mr. Rosenfelt's writing and this was a good combination of government conspiracy and who-dun-it. I miss the sarcasm and wit that is present in his "Andy Carpenter" books, but a good read none the less. I guess sometimes its just difficult when a favourite author strikes out in a different vein ( )
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |

Tim Wallace’s wife died in a boating accident several months ago. Tim was the only eye witness, and one New Jersey cop is sure he killed her. He didn’t, but even if the police eventually clear his name, he’ll never get over this terrible tragedy.

On New Year’s Eve, his two best friends and business partners finally convince him to go out for the first time since Maggie’s death, and at their neighborhood pub just a few minutes before midnight, things in Tim Wallace’s life go from bad to worse. “Can you keep a secret? A really big one?” a drunken stranger asks him. Before Tim can say anything or turn away, the man confesses to a months-old murder, even offering as proof the location of the woman’s body. “Now it’s your problem,” he says and walks away.

When the man turns out to have been telling the truth, Tim’s life and work are put under the microscope again by the cops, and this time they’re not giving up. But neither is Tim, even when things keep getting worse for him, and eventually he realizes he’s the only person who can figure out what’s really going on---even if it kills him.

David Rosenfelt, popular author of six Andy Carpenter mysteries, including the recent hit Play Dead, delivers his first standalone with Don’t Tell a Soul, combining the suspense and great characters of his mystery series with an unputdownable, thrilling read.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:49 -0400)

Tim Wallace's wife died in a boating accident several months ago. Tim was the only eye witness, and one New Jersey cop is sure he killed her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,751,287 books! | Top bar: Always visible