Old Devil Moon by Christopher Fowler

Old Devil Moon (2007)

by Christopher Fowler

I am generally a huge fan of Christopher Fowler but suspect he has outgrown me: the stories in this collection are generally bleak, with just a sprinkling of black humour, and while horrible, they are not horror in the conventional sense.

Yes, many of them do feature the supernatural or unexplained, but not in the spine tingling fashion of Bureau of Lost Souls or Sharper Knives: Fowler is an excellent writer and always worth reading, but I was disappointed.

A collection likely perhaps to appeal to the fans of the new series of Bryant and May stories rather than the old, occult books like Darkest Day or Rune. Old Devil Moon was not what I expected or hoped for.
  adpaton | Aug 11, 2008 |

'Old Devil Moon' is Christopher Fowler's 10th collection of short stories, and contains the blackest humour and the darkest fears, set in worlds we walk through each day but rarely see.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,340,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible