Cross Country (Alex Cross) by James…

Cross Country (Alex Cross) (original 2008; edition 2009)

by James Patterson

Member:wendyrs
Title:Cross Country (Alex Cross)
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Vision (2009), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages

Cross Country by James Patterson (2008)

English (77)  English (1)  German (1)  English (79)
This is another Alex Cross novel. I am working my way through the series. I do enjoy them very much but this one has annoyed me a little. Alex has flown all the way to Nigeria to chase a killer, leaving Nana mama to look after the kids. He is aware of the dangers but goes anyway. Even after a not so warm welcome, be stays putting his life at risk. He seems to be getting a little reckless. I do however enjoy the fast pace and get through these books very quickly. ( )
  Nataliec7 | Oct 31, 2016 |
This wasn't the worst Alex Cross book I've read lately. However, Cross really annoyed me in this episode. He was extremely high and mighty about a lot of the situations that occurred in the story. My main complaint was that the reader was apparently supposed to give him a medal when he didn't screw around on his girlfriend while in Africa. I'm not sure if he was actually extremely unlikeable in this book or if I was just in a bad mood when I read it. Either way, I was not feeling very sorry for him during the story. I did, however, feel very sorry for those around him. The saving grace in the storyline was Patterson's description of the civil wars occurring in the African countries Cross visited. The descriptions of the horrors witnessed by the characters were very well-written. He really tried to capture the trials and tribulations happening around him. That alone bumped this up to a three star read for me. ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
The Alex Cross series used to be great, this one misses the mark. However, the last 50 pages or so remind me of how the book is supposed to be. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
Detective Alex Cross is back in this extremely fast-paced story. Alex is called to a horrific murder scene; the entire family has been killed and mutilated. When Alex views the bodies he realizes he knows the mother from an early college romance. This is just the first of the murders in the DC area attributed to a shadowy figure known only as the Tiger and his gang of what seem to be very young teen and pre-teen boys. The trail of the Tiger leads to Africa and Alex is quickly on his way to Nigeria, Lagos and Sierra Leone.
At times while reading the book I felt that it was just a little too over the top (especially Alex' treatment in Africa) but on the whole it was a good read with maybe a hint at the next Cross book on the last page. ( )
  Ellen_R | Jan 15, 2016 |
The home of Ellie Cox is one of the worst murder scenes Alex has ever encountered. The devastation he sees leads him to believe he is pursuing a horrible new kind of killer. The more Alex and his girlfriend Brianna Stone become entwined in the deadly underworld of Washington, DC, they discover an organized gang of dangerous teenagers led by the powerful African Warlord known as the Tiger. ( )
  jepeters333 | Mar 4, 2015 |
For Jill and Avie Glazer
The surname of the family was Cox, the father a very successful trial lawyer, but the target was the mother, Ellie Randall Cox.

Detective Alex Cross pursues the most ruthless killer he's ever encountered -- to a land of sheer terror and back. It's the worst crime scene Alex Cross has ever seen, and then more killings, each one more ruthless than the last, quickly follow. After one death comes terrifyingly close to home, Alex realizes he's chasing a horrible new breed of killer. Digging deeper into the case, Alex and his girlfriend, Detective Brianna Stone, uncover a shocking Washington, D.C., underworld: a gang of teenage thugs headed by a warlord known only as the Tiger. When the Tiger's elusive trail turns up in Africa, Alex knows that he must follow. Unprotected and alone, can Alex manage to both survive and catch the killer?

When the home of Alex Cross's oldest friend, Ellie Cox, is turned into the worst murder scene Alex has ever seen, the destruction leads him to believe that he's chasing a horrible new breed of killer. As Alex and his girlfriend, Brianna Stone, become entangled in the deadly Nigerian underworld of Washington D.C., what they discover is shocking: a stunningly organized gang of lethal teenagers headed by a powerful, diabolical man--the African warlord known as the Tiger. Just when the detectives think they're closing in on the elusive murderer, the Tiger disappears into thin air. Tracking him to Africa, Alex knows that he must follow. Alone.

From the author Time magazine has called "the man who can't miss," CROSS COUNTRY is the most heart-stopping, speed-charged, electrifying Alex Cross thriller yet.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:16 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,689,517 books! | Top bar: Always visible