One in a Million by Kimberla Lawson Roby

One in a Million

by Kimberla Lawson Roby

I read this book because a patron from the library suggested it. I was looking for something different to read. The story was average. I think it was the slow beginning that caused me to struggle with the story. The author did her best, it just was not a style I enjoy. ( )
  BrendaKlaassen | Jun 21, 2016 |
If I could rate this any lower, I would. Predictible, unoriginal and poorly written. Every character was a stereotype. Even the big twist near the end, which, I'll admit, surprised me, was ridiculous. A co-worker lent me the CD version--last time I ever go to her for recommendations! ( )
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
This book was too simple. Tried to be too many things and succeeded at none of them.

It was one of those books that made me think:

I definitely could write a better book, if she can get published so can I.

This book wouldn't interest most adults, it may appeal to younger readers, but I doubt it because there wasn't enough action. ( )
  ASCook | May 28, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Sorry, but this book just wasn't in my style or taste. I can't really provide an accurate account of the book, because what I did read I rushed through. It just wasn't for me... ( )
  Tricia608 | Dec 31, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006144295X, Hardcover)

In the first novella by the New York Times bestselling author of the Reverend Curtis Black series, a wife and a husband receive a surprise that will change their lives forever

Kennedi Mason thinks she's the luckiest woman on earth. She loves her job, she has a wonderful best friend, and she's been married for ten years to her soul mate. There's nothing she can think of that could make her life any better.

Then one fateful day Kennedi receives a piece of news that will turn her world upside down. She's excited about it, and she knows that her husband, Blake, will be over the moon. He has always dreamed of this one thing happening, and she can't wait until he comes home so she can tell him.

But when she sees Blake that evening, he has a special announcement of his own. It shocks Kennedi into silence and wipes the admission she was planning to make right out of her mind. In an instant, her life and her marriage have changed, but not at all in the way that she had expected.

A poignant and satisfying story of hope, Kimberla Lawson Roby's One in a Million beautifully shows us the difference between what we think we want and what we actually need to be truly happy.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:05 -0400)

Kennedi Mason's attempt to share long-awaited happy news with her husband is halted abruptly by his own surprise announcement.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Kimberla Lawson Roby's book One in a Million was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,444,385 books! | Top bar: Always visible