One Month to Live: Thirty Days to a…

One Month to Live: Thirty Days to a No-Regrets Life

by Kerry Shook

This book could use some work. I think it actually would be better if it was adapted to an app rather than a book. The way it was written, perhaps it should have been adapted to a workbook flow from the beginning? Its good if you really want to examine your life. The only thing is after a while the main message can become a bit monotonous. I read this part of a group and it got a little bit boring. Good start, would love to see it expanded into something with a bit more meat.

If you have patience and you really are in a state where you just are thinking about the meaning of your life from a Christian perspective, you probably will enjoy this book a lot. But if you aren't at that stage, it just is hard to get by the third week. ( )
  ooniyide | Apr 1, 2013 |
I'm being generous giving this four stars. It's more like a 3.5 or 3.75 star rating, but I'll be gracious (if you can pardon the pun).

If I compare this to [b:The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth am I Here for?|819314|The Purpose Driven Life What on Earth am I Here for?|Rick Warren|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1178666972s/819314.jpg|2265235], which I've read multiple times, it pales even more. While not a 'bad' read by any means, it missed the mark with me because I already live this way, as best I can. And, as the authors pointed out in the final chapter, that's the beauty of living, really living, a Christian life - you shouldn't have to change what you're already doing right because you are striving towards Christ's example.

I definitely recommend this book to seekers or new or struggling Christians. In fact, I'm going to give my copy away to a likely prospect in the hopes of helping them see the light and spread the eternal good news. ( )
  mossjon | Apr 1, 2013 |
It is not uncommon for terminally ill people to change their lives in radical ways. The premise of this Christian self-help/study guide is that we don't need a fatal diagnosis to do the same.
If you're looking for case studies of the terminally ill or for a checklist-based how-to book, this is not for you. This book is about self-reflection and attitude adjustment. It utilizes four principles: to live passionately, to love completely, to learn humbly, and to leave boldly.
Many of my high-priority goals cannot be achieved in thirty days. However, that doesn't mean that my attitude and outlook cannot be changed and that is where I found this book helpful. This book is a good introspective tool and it's very motivational. A good read for January when people usually take stock of their lives anyway.
I wanted to mention that I didn't care for the bible translation that was used in the text. I guess I'm overly fond of the NIV. ( )
  VictoriaPL | Jan 11, 2009 |
The Shooks, the husband-and-wife team behind the wildly successful multi-site church Fellowship of the Woodlands, start brutally: “Your time on earth is limited...” No amount of subsequent encouragement about living passionately or like Jesus eased that solar-plexus blow, at least for me.

If you only had one month to live, how would you make each day meaningful? How would you relate to others differently? What would you do to make the rest of your life really matter? This book will challenge you to embrace the life God has entrusted to you and you alone, and to live it out moment by moment with wholehearted authenticity, honesty, and integrity. Complete with uplifting action points, each of the thirty chapters--one per day in a life-changing month--offers you fresh strategies for overcoming habits that mire you in mediocrity. Open yourself to the challenge of embracing your mortality and being empowered to live each day engaged in being fully alive.--From publisher description.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,618,094 books! | Top bar: Always visible