Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Confessions of a Falling Woman and Other…

Confessions of a Falling Woman and Other Stories

by Debra Dean

If you've read The Madonna's of Leningrad, then you are aware that Dean is a masterful writer. Her images carry a soft a ha and a tug at the heart that leaves you knowing that you can relate to her characters.

This is a series of short stories, each one independent of one another, yet connected by the thread of likeable, sometimes foolish folks simply trying to get by the best they can.

I know I'm reading a good book when I stop to think of similar situations/circumstances I've experienced and my mind weaves back along the path of a lost love, a troubled relationship long overdue the breakup deadline, a problematic, self absorbed parent or friend who drove me crazy, yet in the end required a modicum of dignity and respect, and situations when I stubbornly felt beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was absolutely right, yet needed to shift a paradigm when confronted with additional insight.

This is a gem of a book wherein you savor the exceptional writing and long for it not to end.

Highly recommended!! ( )
4 vote Whisper1 | Dec 8, 2010 |

A surprised Southern matriarch is confronted by her family at an intervention. . . . A life-altering break-in triggers insomniac introspection in a desperate actor. . . . Streetwise New York City neighbors let down their guard for a naïve puppeteer and must suffer the consequences. . . .

In this stunning collection of short stories—five of which are being published for the very first time—bestselling, award-winning author Debra Dean displays the depth and magnitude of her extraordinary literary talent. Replete with the seamless storytelling and captivating lyrical voice that made her debut novel, The Madonnas of Leningrad, a national bestseller, Dean's Confessions of a Falling Woman is a haunting, satisfying, and unforgettable reading experience.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:33 -0400)

"A surprised Southern matriarch is confronted by her family at an intervention... A life-altering break-in triggers insomniac introspection in a desperate actor... Streetwise New York City neighbors let down their guard for a naive puppeteer and must suffer the consequences..." "In this collection of short stories - five of which are being published for the first time - author Debra Dean displays the depth and magnitude of her extraordinary literary talent."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,476,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible