The Undead Kama Sutra by Mario Acevedo

The Undead Kama Sutra

by Mario Acevedo

I was a bit leery of reading the third book in a series that I hadn’t read the previous two books. But I am glad I read this. Even if the reader is completely unfamiliar with what has happened in the previous two books, the author skillfully gives you the information without if feeling heavy handed or over the top. Felix doesn’t seem to be the typical vampire and his working for the vampire head council gives it more of a detective feel. I really enjoyed the book and I will be getting the other ones to read very soon. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
This series continues to be not nearly as trashy as I really want it to be, but it's pretty trashy. Alien human traffickers, vampires, government assassins, and Big Pharma execs - plus a hobo with a heart of gold. It's all good. ( )
  JeremyPreacher | Mar 30, 2013 |
The last time I went to a library book sale I found myself near the end of my stay browsing around in the science fiction section. I’ve learned from long experience that doing this is a mistake as inevitably I will find myself filled to maximum carrying capacity with random novels that “look interesting.” The Undead Kama Sutra is a novel that I obtained in just this way by force of the “What the … is that?” factor alone.

Sadly, Acevedo’s novel is like a gluttonous man at a buffet who cannot make up his mind and merely has a little bit of everything. The novel is rife with gratuitous sex, deep personal violence, large-scale mechanical violence, vampires, private detectives, bikers, aliens, government conspiracy, industrial exploitation and even a hint of military action. One is left not entirely knowing where the plot could possibly go next or who might be introduced but always can rest assured in the knowledge that wherever the novel goes it won’t necessarily make a lot of sense given what has come before.

As plot lines go it’s fairly straightforward. The protagonist, Felix Gomez, is an Iraq war veteran who was transformed into a vampire during the war. He’s returned to the states and is now a private investigator. He’s sent on a case by the ruling vampire “government” for lack of a better word, to stop a group of aliens who have come to come to Earth in order to sell the entire female population (with the help of the US Government) as pets back on their respective home worlds. (For those of you who may be familiar with my writing, you may be assuming at this point that I have resorted to farce. Let me assure you that the summary I provide is, in fact, absolutely factual.) In exchange for enslaving Earth women, the alien’s have provided miracle pills which enhance certain male and female physical characteristics and general… performance. Of course in the end all the bad guys are taken care of and everything is fine but not until a lot of people got really large penises out of the deal. What happier ending could there be?

Quite frankly, it is with some reticence that I wrote about this book at all. Like someone who spent far too long on the sofa watching the Jerry Springer show, I’m more than a bit embarrassed to admit that I read this thing, that I frittered away even a tiny amount of time bludgeoning my mind with this awful tripe. That said, one is left with a sort of terrible anticipation at a certain point to know exactly what hopelessly idiotic thing is going to happen next. So… now you know. You’re welcome. Another book you need never read. Or consider reading. Or think about ever again. ( )
  slavenrm | Mar 30, 2013 |
This book is fun and is a quick read. It's unlikely that it will ever be considered a classic in the genre, but is a nicely distracting read when one just wants an escape hatch for a few hours.

This book is the third book in a series, and has many references to the earlier books. Although it is not absolutely necessary to read the others to read this, the references make no sense unless you have read the first two books. ( )
  hlynnski | Jan 6, 2010 |
Felix Gomez returned from the war in Iraq a changed man—once a soldier, now forever a vampire. So the undead underworld put his skills to work as a private detective, specializing in the sordid, the sexy, and the supernatural.

After surviving aliens, nymphomaniacs, and x-rated bloodsuckers, it's high time for a vacation. Now the aliens are back in a fiendish conspiracy with the U.S. government, and only Felix stands between them and the Earth women they covet. But when an army hit man attacks Felix and the bodacious vampire sexpert, Carmen, not even the astonishing erotic powers of the Kama Sutra for the Undead may be able to save them. ( )
  amarynt | Dec 19, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061667463, Mass Market Paperback)

Felix Gomez, veteran and vampire detective extraordinaire, has survived aliens, nymphomaniacs, and x-rated bloodsuckers. But now the aliens are back, in a fiendish conspiracy to kidnap earth women. Only Felix stands between the aliens and their hapless prey. But when an Army hit man attacks Felix and fellow vampire (and sexpert) Carmen, only the astonishing erotic powers of the undead Kama Sutra may be able to save Felix. Rollickingly funny, bitingly sarcastic, these books are pure fun, and are rapidly gaining cult popularity among readers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:16 -0400)

Vampire detective Felix Gomez turns to a sex-expert fellow vampire as he faces his greatest challenge yet, becoming the lone defender against an alien plot to kidnap Earth women.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,198,874 books! | Top bar: Always visible