Only Yesterday: An Informal History of the…

Only Yesterday: An Informal History of the 1920's (1931)

by Frederick Lewis Allen

I just reread this after reading this originally in High School. It is a great social history of an important decade in American history ( )
  M_Clark | Apr 26, 2016 |
Interesting history of the 1920's
  jerry-book | Jan 26, 2016 |
I read this in high school and thought it was really boring, but then I read "Since Yesterday" a few years ago and liked it. Maybe I'll have to go back and read this one sometime if I ever run out of things to read (like that'll ever happen). ( )
  AmandaL. | Jan 16, 2016 |
I had to read this book for a class I was taking and was absolutely fascinated with Allen's look inside the 1920s. ( )
  VashonJim | Sep 6, 2015 |
A classic history of the 1920s, written the early 1930s, so without the knowledge of what would come later. Still a great read. ( )
  gbelik | Jan 28, 2015 |

Frederick Lewis Allenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Foster, Guysecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Prohibition. Al Capone. The President Harding scandals. The revolution of manners and morals. Black Tuesday. These are only an inkling of the events and figures characterizing the wild, tumultuous era that was the Roaring Twenties. Originally published in 1931, Only Yesterday traces the rise if post-World War I prosperity up to the Wall Street crash of 1929 against the colorful backdrop of flappers, speakeasies, the first radio, and the scandalous rise of skirt hemlines. Hailed as an instant classic, this is Frederick Lewis Allen's vivid and definitive account of one of the twentieth century's most fascinating decades, chronicling a time of both joy and terror--when dizzying highs were quickly succeeded by heartbreaking lows.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:58 -0400)

History of the 1920's from the collapse of Wilson and the New Freedom to the collapse of Wall Street and the New Era.

15 wanted7 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,353,281 books! | Top bar: Always visible