Shameless by Tori Carrington

The most ridiculous dialogue I have ever read, and I read a lot of ridiculous dialogue. I disliked everyone in the triangle, and no one wants to read about people they dislike having great sex. ( )
  Narshkite | Nov 19, 2013 |
This book was hot. Let's just get that out of the way.

What caught my attention with this one was the fact that it's a best friend story. And we all know how I'm a sucker for a best friend story. I'm even more of a sucker for the best friend story with a twist, and this one definitely had a twist.

Nina, Patrick and Kevin are best friends and business partners. Nina's a serial monogamist who repeatedly mistakes one-night stands for the real thing. Deciding the only way for Nina to break her destructive dating pattern is for her to experience a night of anonymous sex with a stranger, Patrick and Kevin give her a proposal she ends up not being able to refuse. Out comes the blindfold, and Nina proceeds to have the hottest sex of her life. The only problem is that she wants more. Lots more. And she has no idea which of her best friends was responsible the really hot sex.

Kevin and Patrick have both had a thing for Nina from the beginning, but whereas Patrick's feelings are more like affection tinged with attraction, Kevin's feelings are full-blown love with a really strong dose of attraction. Nina, though, has no way of knowing which one was in her bed that night. Her gut at first tells her it was Kevin, but she can't get either man to fess up. When she finds Patrick in their store (it's a combination book, bakery and music store) late one night after giving a guitar lesson, she goes downstairs wearing next to nothing (she lives in an apartment above the store), thinking maybe Patrick was the one in her room that night. When Kevin walks in and catches them having sex, and Nina sees the look on Kevin's face, she knows she's made a mistake. Patrick wasn't the one, it was Kevin. And in one moment, a friendship is completely torn apart. Patrick leaves town soon there after. Things are strained between Kevin and Nina, they're barely talking. Kevin feels betrayed. Nina feels confused and hates the fact that she hurt Kevin.

Of course, everything works out in the end, and Patrick even comes back for Nina and Kevin's wedding. But getting to that point was one hell of an emotional rollercoaster. This was one of those rare books that I just could not put down and that I read in a few hours. It was so good, and I'll definitely be buying more books from Tori Carrington (including their next one, which is about one of the store's employees). ( )
  chicklitter | Jul 21, 2008 |

An indecent proposal. A friendship betrayed.

One-night-only anonymous sex with a stranger? Seems too wanton even for Nina Leonard. Until it's insinuated that the mystery man might be one of her business partners--two guys she adores who also happen to be complete hotties.

Out comes the blindfold, and Nina has the steamiest night of her life. Now she's got to have more--only, no one's fessing up.

One of her two best friends rocked her world that night. But which one was it?

If she guesses wrong, she could lose them both....

An indecent proposal. A friendship betrayed. One-night-only anonymous sex with a stranger? Seems too wanton even for Nina Leonard. Until it's insinuated that the mystery man might be one of her business partners -- two guys she adores who also happen to be complete hotties. Out comes the blindfold, and Nina has the steamiest night of her life. Now she's got to have more -- only, no one's fessing up. One of her two best friends rocked her world that night. But which one was it? If she guesses wrong, she could lose them both ...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,229,355 books! | Top bar: Always visible