The Bourne Identity: A Novel by Robert…

The Bourne Identity: A Novel (original 1975; edition 2010)

by Robert Ludlum

Authors:Robert Ludlum
Info:Bantam (2010), Mass Market Paperback, 608 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2

The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum (1975)

No Tomorrow by Tom Wood (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: An assassin who is an unlikely hero.

English (111)  Dutch (3)  Spanish (3)  Swedish (1)  Hebrew (1)  All (119)
I read this long ago when I was in my Ludlum phase and it was first published. The movie made me think, "It wasn't like that..." but only after seeing the latest ("Jason Bourne") did I dig out this and reread it. Still engaging and fun.

Best line: a psychologist says "I have too much respect for the human mind to deal you chicken soup psychology."

Spot on and predated that fluff by 13 or so years. ( )
  Razinha | May 23, 2017 |
I love these movies. It's been awhile since I've watched them, but unless I'm confused, the book is very different. I wasn't crazy about the romance aspect for much of it. Actually a portion of the story lost me for awhile, but I was really into it by the end. I'm sure where the story is going from here into book 2, but I'm looking forward to finding out. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
a man wakes up, bullet riddled and with no memory. Through the next couple of months he finds out he is a special forces agent gone outside cover to draw out and destroy an international terrorist. By becoming an international terrorist. Hunted by all, helped and loved by only 1 woman, Bourne must survive to find the truth, about himself and about Carlos. Very different from the movie with Matt Damon. This has another whole layer of politics and intrigue. Global. Complicated. I liked the movie better :-) I do plan on reading the next 2 books though to get the whole story. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
An incredibly popular spy thriller made into a movie. Who is Jason Bourne? Start finding out with the first book in this series.

Who is Jason Bourne? You may have seen this thriller series on the screen, but the book is always so much better. Start with the first book in the series, from a master of spy thrillers.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Oct 14, 2016 |
Roman po kome je snimljen i cuveni istoimeni film sa Mat Dejmonom u glavnoj ulozi. Džejson Born je covek koji nema prošlost, a moguce je da nece imati ni buducnost. Jedino cega je svestan jeste da ga je Mediteransko more izbacilo na obalu i da mu je telo izrešetano. Polako ce shvatiti da se nalazi u zamršenoj slagalici iz koje nece moci da pobegne kao ni od svoje prošlosti. I niko ne može da mu pomogne, niko osim žene koja je nekada želela da pobegne od njega.
added by Sensei-CRS | editknjigainfo.com

Ludlum, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Virtanen, AnttiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Glynis
A very special light we all adore.
With love and deep respect.
The New York Times, Friday, July 11, 1975, FRONT PAGE

DIPLOMATS SAID TO BE LINKED WITH FUGITIVE TERRORIST KNOWN AS CARLOS.

France expelled three high-ranking Cuban diplomats in connection with the worldwide search for the man called Carlos, who is believed to be an important link in an international terrorist network.
The trawler plunged into the angry swells of the dark, furious sea like an awkward animal trying desperately to break out of an impenetrable swamp.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553260111, Mass Market Paperback)

Jason Bourne.

He has no past. And he may have no future. His memory is blank. He only knows that he was flushed out of the Mediterranean Sea, his body riddled with bullets.

There are a few clues. A frame of microfilm surgically implanted beneath the flesh of his hip. Evidence that plastic surgery has altered his face. Strange things that he says in his delirium -- maybe code words. Initial: "J.B." And a number on the film negative that leads to a Swiss bank account, a fortune of four million dollars, and, at last, a name: Jason Bourne.

But now he is marked for death, caught in a maddening puzzle, racing for survival through the deep layers of his buried past into a bizarre world of murderous conspirators -- led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin. And no one can help Jason Bourne but the woman who once wanted to escape him.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:06 -0400)

His memory is blank. His bullet-ridden body was fished from the Mediterranean Sea. His face has been altered by plastic surgery. A frame of microfilm has been surgically implanted in his hip. Even his name is a mystery. Marked for death, he is racing for survivasl through aa bizarre world of murderous conspirators--led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,412,426 books! | Top bar: Always visible