Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum

Bourne Identity (original 1975; edition 1982)

by Robert Ludlum

Series: Bourne (1)

Member:meldridge
Title:Bourne Identity
Authors:Robert Ludlum
Info:Bantam Books (1982), Mass Market Paperback
Rating:**
Tags:2012

The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum (1975)

Recently added byRottenArsenal, kgthor, pcollins, private library, Forzajudetza, cupocofe, scodenton

English (81)  Dutch (4)  Spanish (3)  Hebrew (1)  All languages (89)
Holy mother of Twitch. This book, took me WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too long to read. Based on the fact that it was recommended to me in a "You'll read this in two days" kind of way, it took me over a MONTH. Which says a LOT, when it is the only book I'm working on.

It's not that its a bad book, it's not. (Although I absolutely detested when he would write stuff in German or French...and gave no context clues for me to figure out what it meant--that was annoying.) While I was reading, I liked what I was reading. But I never wanted to drop everything and read.

A MONTH!! One book!

ahh! ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |

A MONTH!! One book!

ahh! ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
This was a great book. I saw the movie years ago so when I got my hands on this book I knew I had to read it...as so many of us say..."the book was sooo much better than the movie!" I was hooked from the beginning and had a hard time putting it down. I have access to the rest of the series and will have to start on them right away! ( )
  gopfolk | May 15, 2014 |
Robert Ludlum's "The Bourne Identity" is not only a breath-taking thriller, it is a novel which explores the deepest recesses of the human mind.
Found off the Mediterranean coast, Jason Bourne's bullet-ridden body hides secrets to a world that has slipped away from him by amnesia. His features have been softened by facial surgery making him the perfect chameleon. Embedded in his right hip is film with a code to an a $5 million account at the GemeinschaftBank in Zurich. His features have been surgically softened features make him the perfect chameleon.
The words, "Alpha, Bravo, Cain, Delta...Cain is for Charlie and Delta is for Cain" replays in his mind triggering searing memories of parachuting in the jungles of Cambodia. A mysteriously unlisted company called Treadstone Seventy out of New York wants him dead. In a race against time he searches for his identity and an world-reknown assassin named Carlos.
With no superfluous words, this novel is an instruction manual for would-be writers on how to form a tight script where each word leads the reader into a spiral of recognition of the human spirit. ( )
  lisa-ann | Apr 30, 2014 |
Gah. So many mixed feelings. Basically, if I'd hit CTRL-H and inserted Natasha Romanov/Natalia Romanova for every mention of Jason Bourne (and various epithets), I might have loved this. It would have changed all the horrible gender dynamics and created a fabulous statement about men in power hanging women out to dry.

Marie's Stockholm Syndrome is so distasteful. As are every one of the many instances where crimes against women are dismissed, tolerated, or gotten away with (either by word or action).

OTOH, it's a really well-drawn web of conspiracies, and I enjoyed Marie very much in the few scenes where she got to be a badass in her profession instead of relegated to love interest/sanity-check.

Four stars for plot. One star for gender, glbt, and race politics. Three stars for very good use of setting. And zero stars for leaving me feeling dirty for having enjoyed parts of this in spite of hating other parts. How's that for ambivalence? :/

Disability tag for a variety of characters with various ailments, missing limbs, PTSD, etc., and not all of them evil and/or dead. Actually, of all things in this book, I think I was happiest with the portrayal of people with disabilities as people who had survived some horrible shit, full stop. Whatever their moral compass, they all had their humanity. ( )
  sageness | Feb 7, 2014 |
Roman po kome je snimljen i cuveni istoimeni film sa Mat Dejmonom u glavnoj ulozi. Džejson Born je covek koji nema prošlost, a moguce je da nece imati ni buducnost. Jedino cega je svestan jeste da ga je Mediteransko more izbacilo na obalu i da mu je telo izrešetano. Polako ce shvatiti da se nalazi u zamršenoj slagalici iz koje nece moci da pobegne kao ni od svoje prošlosti. I niko ne može da mu pomogne, niko osim žene koja je nekada želela da pobegne od njega.
added by Sensei-CRS | editknjigainfo.com

Robert Ludlumprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Virtanen, AnttiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Glynis
A very special light we all adore.
With love and deep respect.
The New York Times, Friday, July 11, 1975, FRONT PAGE

DIPLOMATS SAID TO BE LINKED WITH FUGITIVE TERRORIST KNOWN AS CARLOS.

France expelled three high-ranking Cuban diplomats in connection with the worldwide search for the man called Carlos, who is believed to be an important link in an international terrorist network.
The trawler plunged into the angry swells of the dark, furious sea like an awkward animal trying desperately to break out of an impenetrable swamp.
1980 Die Bourne Identität – The Bourne Identity (Titel der ersten deutschsprachigen Ausgabe: Der Borowski-Betrug)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553260111, Mass Market Paperback)

Jason Bourne.

He has no past. And he may have no future. His memory is blank. He only knows that he was flushed out of the Mediterranean Sea, his body riddled with bullets.

There are a few clues. A frame of microfilm surgically implanted beneath the flesh of his hip. Evidence that plastic surgery has altered his face. Strange things that he says in his delirium -- maybe code words. Initial: "J.B." And a number on the film negative that leads to a Swiss bank account, a fortune of four million dollars, and, at last, a name: Jason Bourne.

But now he is marked for death, caught in a maddening puzzle, racing for survival through the deep layers of his buried past into a bizarre world of murderous conspirators -- led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin. And no one can help Jason Bourne but the woman who once wanted to escape him.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:51 -0400)

His memory is blank. His bullet-ridden body was fished from the Mediterranean Sea. His face has been altered by plastic surgery. A frame of microfilm has been surgically implanted in his hip. Even his name is a mystery. Marked for death, he is racing for survivasl through aa bizarre world of murderous conspirators--led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,610,421 books! | Top bar: Always visible