Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum

Bourne Identity (original 1975; edition 1982)

by Robert Ludlum

Series: Bourne (1)

Member:meldridge
Title:Bourne Identity
Authors:Robert Ludlum
Info:Bantam Books (1982), Mass Market Paperback
Rating:**
Tags:2012

The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum (1975)

Recently added bytjgecko, ossi, private library, Vigand, Mike_Buckley, TegarSault, krazykiwi, BrokenTune, bfsmith9
    No Tomorrow by Tom Wood (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: An assassin who is an unlikely hero.

English (105)  Dutch (4)  Spanish (3)  Hebrew (1)  All languages (113)
A good listen, and exactly what I wanted/expected when I chose it - a classic, maybe iconic, spy thriller. It is different enough from the movie that it kept me entertained, and Bourne's internal dialogue was new (ie not accessible through watching the movies) and interesting. Although sometimes repetitive.

Some of the 'action scenes' of who hit who where sustaining what type of injury were a bit on the tedious side, but if they had been less comprehensively described I might be complaining about not being able to follow them as a listener. I felt the same way about other descriptive elements, like very repetitive references to Marie's appearance, to his sense of fear and disorientation, etc, but overall I appreciate repeated orienting statements for enhancing the audio experience.

A lot of it takes place in Paris, and as usual I find French names challenging as a listener. Despite that I was able to follow without too much effort, and the narration was very good. I would have given this 3.5 stars but haven't figured out how to add half stars. ( )
  JBP11 | Aug 21, 2016 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
http://www.BookCrossing.com/journal/11825186 ( )
  thisismyline | Jul 5, 2016 |
Very different from the film
  troyka | May 5, 2016 |
Невероятна поредица и най-важното, което учуди и м​ен, защото не знаех - няма почти нищо общо между д​ействието от книгите и това от филмите, които също​ са прекрасни. Струва си да се прочете трилогията.​ ( )
  Vassil-Koynarev | Apr 29, 2016 |
I first read this in college and was blown away by how good it was! I plan to re-read it and finish the series now that I feel I could handle the intelligently written book even better! ( )
  DanaBurkey | Apr 10, 2016 |
Roman po kome je snimljen i cuveni istoimeni film sa Mat Dejmonom u glavnoj ulozi. Džejson Born je covek koji nema prošlost, a moguce je da nece imati ni buducnost. Jedino cega je svestan jeste da ga je Mediteransko more izbacilo na obalu i da mu je telo izrešetano. Polako ce shvatiti da se nalazi u zamršenoj slagalici iz koje nece moci da pobegne kao ni od svoje prošlosti. I niko ne može da mu pomogne, niko osim žene koja je nekada želela da pobegne od njega.
added by Sensei-CRS | editknjigainfo.com

Ludlum, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Virtanen, AnttiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Glynis
A very special light we all adore.
With love and deep respect.
The New York Times, Friday, July 11, 1975, FRONT PAGE

DIPLOMATS SAID TO BE LINKED WITH FUGITIVE TERRORIST KNOWN AS CARLOS.

France expelled three high-ranking Cuban diplomats in connection with the worldwide search for the man called Carlos, who is believed to be an important link in an international terrorist network.
The trawler plunged into the angry swells of the dark, furious sea like an awkward animal trying desperately to break out of an impenetrable swamp.
1980 Die Bourne Identität – The Bourne Identity (Titel der ersten deutschsprachigen Ausgabe: Der Borowski-Betrug)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553260111, Mass Market Paperback)

Jason Bourne.

He has no past. And he may have no future. His memory is blank. He only knows that he was flushed out of the Mediterranean Sea, his body riddled with bullets.

There are a few clues. A frame of microfilm surgically implanted beneath the flesh of his hip. Evidence that plastic surgery has altered his face. Strange things that he says in his delirium -- maybe code words. Initial: "J.B." And a number on the film negative that leads to a Swiss bank account, a fortune of four million dollars, and, at last, a name: Jason Bourne.

But now he is marked for death, caught in a maddening puzzle, racing for survival through the deep layers of his buried past into a bizarre world of murderous conspirators -- led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin. And no one can help Jason Bourne but the woman who once wanted to escape him.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:06 -0400)

His memory is blank. His bullet-ridden body was fished from the Mediterranean Sea. His face has been altered by plastic surgery. A frame of microfilm has been surgically implanted in his hip. Even his name is a mystery. Marked for death, he is racing for survivasl through aa bizarre world of murderous conspirators--led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,389,372 books! | Top bar: Always visible