Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum

Bourne Identity (original 1975; edition 1982)

by Robert Ludlum

Series: Bourne (1)

Member:meldridge
Title:Bourne Identity
Authors:Robert Ludlum
Info:Bantam Books (1982), Mass Market Paperback
Rating:**
Tags:2012

The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum (1975)

No Tomorrow by Tom Wood (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: An assassin who is an unlikely hero.

English (102)  Dutch (4)  Spanish (3)  Hebrew (1)  All languages (110)
Невероятна поредица и най-важното, което учуди и м​ен, защото не знаех - няма почти нищо общо между д​ействието от книгите и това от филмите, които също​ са прекрасни. Струва си да се прочете трилогията.​ ( )
  Vassil-Koynarev | Apr 29, 2016 |
I first read this in college and was blown away by how good it was! I plan to re-read it and finish the series now that I feel I could handle the intelligently written book even better! ( )
  DanaBurkey | Apr 10, 2016 |
Would have been enjoyable except for the overwhelming amount of detail - does he have to itemise Bourne's every single movement? Does he have to keep repeating that Marie has dark red hair?or that the chief baddie has gold-rimmed specs? Sometimes less is more. ( )
  mlfhlibrarian | Mar 25, 2016 |
I've watched the movie half a dozen times and read the book twice. As an action thriller author, I have always loved what Ludlum did with Jason Bourne. ( )
  wesleylowe | Mar 21, 2016 |
Never seen the movie; figured I'd read the book instead. Never read anything by Ludlum at all, and since he's sold umpteen billion copies and spawned a posthumous industry, I thought I should see what it's all about.
I was pleasantly surprised - I enjoyed the book very much. It's a thriller that keeps you guessing, with lots of twists and turns. I appreciated (especially after reading the execrable 'The Eight') that the female lead was an intelligent woman who actually seemed to KNOW about the field that we are told she is an expert in (economics, in this case.)
Yes, there are a lot of Very Unlikely occurrences in this book, and elements that might not stand up to too much detailed analysis. The writing also had a tendency to get a bit much (too many exclamation points!!!) But as a fun, entertaining thriller, it worked very well.

I may buy the sequel, next time I run across a copy in a bargain bin. ( )
  AltheaAnn | Feb 9, 2016 |
Roman po kome je snimljen i cuveni istoimeni film sa Mat Dejmonom u glavnoj ulozi. Džejson Born je covek koji nema prošlost, a moguce je da nece imati ni buducnost. Jedino cega je svestan jeste da ga je Mediteransko more izbacilo na obalu i da mu je telo izrešetano. Polako ce shvatiti da se nalazi u zamršenoj slagalici iz koje nece moci da pobegne kao ni od svoje prošlosti. I niko ne može da mu pomogne, niko osim žene koja je nekada želela da pobegne od njega.
added by Sensei-CRS | editknjigainfo.com

Ludlum, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Virtanen, AnttiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Glynis
A very special light we all adore.
With love and deep respect.
The New York Times, Friday, July 11, 1975, FRONT PAGE

DIPLOMATS SAID TO BE LINKED WITH FUGITIVE TERRORIST KNOWN AS CARLOS.

France expelled three high-ranking Cuban diplomats in connection with the worldwide search for the man called Carlos, who is believed to be an important link in an international terrorist network.
The trawler plunged into the angry swells of the dark, furious sea like an awkward animal trying desperately to break out of an impenetrable swamp.
1980 Die Bourne Identität – The Bourne Identity (Titel der ersten deutschsprachigen Ausgabe: Der Borowski-Betrug)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553260111, Mass Market Paperback)

Jason Bourne.

He has no past. And he may have no future. His memory is blank. He only knows that he was flushed out of the Mediterranean Sea, his body riddled with bullets.

There are a few clues. A frame of microfilm surgically implanted beneath the flesh of his hip. Evidence that plastic surgery has altered his face. Strange things that he says in his delirium -- maybe code words. Initial: "J.B." And a number on the film negative that leads to a Swiss bank account, a fortune of four million dollars, and, at last, a name: Jason Bourne.

But now he is marked for death, caught in a maddening puzzle, racing for survival through the deep layers of his buried past into a bizarre world of murderous conspirators -- led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin. And no one can help Jason Bourne but the woman who once wanted to escape him.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:06 -0400)

His memory is blank. His bullet-ridden body was fished from the Mediterranean Sea. His face has been altered by plastic surgery. A frame of microfilm has been surgically implanted in his hip. Even his name is a mystery. Marked for death, he is racing for survivasl through aa bizarre world of murderous conspirators--led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,249,823 books! | Top bar: Always visible