Bourne Identity (Read a Great Movie) by…

Bourne Identity (Read a Great Movie) (original 1975; edition 2005)

by Robert Ludlum

Series: Bourne (1)

Member:DrLed
Title:Bourne Identity (Read a Great Movie)
Authors:Robert Ludlum
Info:Orion Paperbacks (2005), Paperback, 576 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Tags:Mystery-Crime

The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum (1975)

No Tomorrow by Tom Wood (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: An assassin who is an unlikely hero.

English (92)  Dutch (4)  Spanish (3)  Hebrew (1)  All languages (100)
This book - this whole series, in fact - is one of the very few instances where I can say the movie is better (by far) than the books. There is almost nothing in common with the movies, rarely even settings or plot. This isn't that uncommon these days, but be forewarned.

My wife had them laying around and I was in a spy mode for a while, gobbling up some of the spy books we've collected. It's odd that Matt Damon can portray a cold killer better than a writer, but I found the books' Jason Bourne to be overwrought and melodramatic.

On the positive side, the advice on a bloody nose that Bourne's psychologist friend received from the trucker outside Virginia (?) somewhere is 100% spot on!! I can't remember which book it's in; probably the second one. ( )
  Hae-Yu | Jun 3, 2015 |
The films are great but the books are excellent! Ludlum was heavily influenced by Lustbader, hence the invitation from Ludlum's estate for Lustbader to continue the Bourne series. The series will only get better! ( )
  FletcherBooks | May 17, 2015 |
Firstly, let me just say, this book and the film of the same name have pretty much nothing to do with each other. Other than sharing a name, they don't have much in common!

To be honest, this doesn't matter in the slightest, because even though I'd seen the film first and was basically expecting an amplified version of the film, this book absolutely stands alone with the story it tells.

I found it to be excellently-written, brilliantly paced and genuinely exciting.

Definitely recommended!
  AngeloMarcos | Jan 6, 2015 |
Sucks fiercely. ( )
  BraveKelso | Jan 3, 2015 |
It started off a little slow, and at times was a little too violent for my taste, but it picked up and I really enjoyed it. It's an intelligent, suspenful novel. I was a little surprised (in a good way) how completely different it was from the movie - at least from what I remember (it has been a long time). ( )
  carebear10712 | Dec 31, 2014 |
Roman po kome je snimljen i cuveni istoimeni film sa Mat Dejmonom u glavnoj ulozi. Džejson Born je covek koji nema prošlost, a moguce je da nece imati ni buducnost. Jedino cega je svestan jeste da ga je Mediteransko more izbacilo na obalu i da mu je telo izrešetano. Polako ce shvatiti da se nalazi u zamršenoj slagalici iz koje nece moci da pobegne kao ni od svoje prošlosti. I niko ne može da mu pomogne, niko osim žene koja je nekada želela da pobegne od njega.
added by Sensei-CRS | editknjigainfo.com

Robert Ludlumprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Virtanen, AnttiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Glynis
A very special light we all adore.
With love and deep respect.
The New York Times, Friday, July 11, 1975, FRONT PAGE

DIPLOMATS SAID TO BE LINKED WITH FUGITIVE TERRORIST KNOWN AS CARLOS.

France expelled three high-ranking Cuban diplomats in connection with the worldwide search for the man called Carlos, who is believed to be an important link in an international terrorist network.
The trawler plunged into the angry swells of the dark, furious sea like an awkward animal trying desperately to break out of an impenetrable swamp.
1980 Die Bourne Identität – The Bourne Identity (Titel der ersten deutschsprachigen Ausgabe: Der Borowski-Betrug)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553260111, Mass Market Paperback)

Jason Bourne.

He has no past. And he may have no future. His memory is blank. He only knows that he was flushed out of the Mediterranean Sea, his body riddled with bullets.

There are a few clues. A frame of microfilm surgically implanted beneath the flesh of his hip. Evidence that plastic surgery has altered his face. Strange things that he says in his delirium -- maybe code words. Initial: "J.B." And a number on the film negative that leads to a Swiss bank account, a fortune of four million dollars, and, at last, a name: Jason Bourne.

But now he is marked for death, caught in a maddening puzzle, racing for survival through the deep layers of his buried past into a bizarre world of murderous conspirators -- led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin. And no one can help Jason Bourne but the woman who once wanted to escape him.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:06 -0400)

His memory is blank. His bullet-ridden body was fished from the Mediterranean Sea. His face has been altered by plastic surgery. A frame of microfilm has been surgically implanted in his hip. Even his name is a mystery. Marked for death, he is racing for survivasl through aa bizarre world of murderous conspirators--led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,955,803 books! | Top bar: Always visible