Bourne Identity (Read a Great Movie) by…

Bourne Identity (Read a Great Movie) (original 1975; edition 2005)

by Robert Ludlum

Series: Bourne (1)

Member:DrLed
Title:Bourne Identity (Read a Great Movie)
Authors:Robert Ludlum
Info:Orion Paperbacks (2005), Paperback, 576 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Tags:Mystery-Crime

The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum (1975)

English (85)  Dutch (4)  Spanish (3)  Hebrew (1)  All languages (93)
This book was okay. There were parts that were full of excitement, drama, and action that were totally enjoyable to read. Then you get to the parts where...I guess you would call it background information. It was scenes that explained the motivations of the different factions that were after Bourne. I found these chapters and sections to be extremely boring. It didn't help that Ludlum uses names like the Russians do. You would have one man that would be referred to in four different ways and I often found myself trying to figure out who everybody was and what part they were playing in the drama.

If I were to rate it, I'd give it a three out of five because it wasn't horrible by any means but it also hasn't earned a "favorite" spot on my book shelf. ( )
  trishaj | Oct 7, 2014 |
Got through a few chapters. There way too many books in the world to slug through this tripe, I mean trope. Boring, poorly written and characters that would go up in smoke at a spark struck in a different hemisphere. Maybe the movies ruined it. Wait, no, this book was just lame. ( )
  DanielAlgara | Sep 26, 2014 |
I came to this book after having seen the film and I enjoyed both though I have to say I enjoyed the book slightly more than the film. In modernizing the time of the story for the film, new technologies come into play making Bourne's flight through Europe almost impossible because he can be tracked via cell phone signals, satellite imagery, email and the internet. In the book's diegesis, the year is 1980 (there abouts) and there are none of these modern devices, allowing Bourne and his female companion more time to plan and to act. I also prefer Maria in the book because she actually has useful skills. In the film she is just there as a convenient ride away from the initial confrontation and later hangs onto Bourne out of Stockholm syndrome. It was refreshing to see her have useful skills and a more robust personality than she does in the film. ( )
  pussreboots | Sep 18, 2014 |
It's differrent from the movie. I like the movie more than the book.Some dialogue in this book make me confuse ( )
  leehua | Aug 3, 2014 |
Holy mother of Twitch. This book, took me WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too long to read. Based on the fact that it was recommended to me in a "You'll read this in two days" kind of way, it took me over a MONTH. Which says a LOT, when it is the only book I'm working on.

It's not that its a bad book, it's not. (Although I absolutely detested when he would write stuff in German or French...and gave no context clues for me to figure out what it meant--that was annoying.) While I was reading, I liked what I was reading. But I never wanted to drop everything and read.

A MONTH!! One book!

ahh! ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
Roman po kome je snimljen i cuveni istoimeni film sa Mat Dejmonom u glavnoj ulozi. Džejson Born je covek koji nema prošlost, a moguce je da nece imati ni buducnost. Jedino cega je svestan jeste da ga je Mediteransko more izbacilo na obalu i da mu je telo izrešetano. Polako ce shvatiti da se nalazi u zamršenoj slagalici iz koje nece moci da pobegne kao ni od svoje prošlosti. I niko ne može da mu pomogne, niko osim žene koja je nekada želela da pobegne od njega.
added by Sensei-CRS | editknjigainfo.com

Robert Ludlumprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Virtanen, AnttiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Glynis
A very special light we all adore.
With love and deep respect.
The New York Times, Friday, July 11, 1975, FRONT PAGE

DIPLOMATS SAID TO BE LINKED WITH FUGITIVE TERRORIST KNOWN AS CARLOS.

France expelled three high-ranking Cuban diplomats in connection with the worldwide search for the man called Carlos, who is believed to be an important link in an international terrorist network.
The trawler plunged into the angry swells of the dark, furious sea like an awkward animal trying desperately to break out of an impenetrable swamp.
1980 Die Bourne Identität – The Bourne Identity (Titel der ersten deutschsprachigen Ausgabe: Der Borowski-Betrug)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553260111, Mass Market Paperback)

Jason Bourne.

He has no past. And he may have no future. His memory is blank. He only knows that he was flushed out of the Mediterranean Sea, his body riddled with bullets.

There are a few clues. A frame of microfilm surgically implanted beneath the flesh of his hip. Evidence that plastic surgery has altered his face. Strange things that he says in his delirium -- maybe code words. Initial: "J.B." And a number on the film negative that leads to a Swiss bank account, a fortune of four million dollars, and, at last, a name: Jason Bourne.

But now he is marked for death, caught in a maddening puzzle, racing for survival through the deep layers of his buried past into a bizarre world of murderous conspirators -- led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin. And no one can help Jason Bourne but the woman who once wanted to escape him.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:51 -0400)

His memory is blank. His bullet-ridden body was fished from the Mediterranean Sea. His face has been altered by plastic surgery. A frame of microfilm has been surgically implanted in his hip. Even his name is a mystery. Marked for death, he is racing for survivasl through aa bizarre world of murderous conspirators--led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,351,683 books! | Top bar: Always visible