Bourne Identity (Read a Great Movie) by…

Bourne Identity (Read a Great Movie) (original 1975; edition 2005)

by Robert Ludlum

Series: Bourne (1)

Member:DrLed
Title:Bourne Identity (Read a Great Movie)
Authors:Robert Ludlum
Info:Orion Paperbacks (2005), Paperback, 576 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Tags:Mystery-Crime

The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum (1975)

No Tomorrow by Tom Wood (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: An assassin who is an unlikely hero.

English (90)  Dutch (4)  Spanish (3)  Hebrew (1)  All languages (98)
Firstly, let me just say, this book and the film of the same name have pretty much nothing to do with each other. Other than sharing a name, they don't have much in common!

To be honest, this doesn't matter in the slightest, because even though I'd seen the film first and was basically expecting an amplified version of the film, this book absolutely stands alone with the story it tells.

I found it to be excellently-written, brilliantly paced and genuinely exciting.

Definitely recommended!
  AngeloMarcos | Jan 6, 2015 |
Sucks fiercely. ( )
  BraveKelso | Jan 3, 2015 |
It started off a little slow, and at times was a little too violent for my taste, but it picked up and I really enjoyed it. It's an intelligent, suspenful novel. I was a little surprised (in a good way) how completely different it was from the movie - at least from what I remember (it has been a long time). ( )
  carebear10712 | Dec 31, 2014 |
*Spoiler Alert*

The book totally indulges you in the top-notch spy/action thriller experience.

It was unbelievably fascinating, the language was decent enough - not extremely polished and neither sickeningly bland. The dialogues were very effective and lurid, I was always awed by the infamous subconscious incantation from the book - "Cain is for Charlie and Delta is for Cain".

The writing style was fast paced with reasonably meaningful and promising sentences/dialogues. The vivid imageries spawning out of the lines, with the ever-gripping plot and thrilling chapters, forced me to think from the character's point of view and live his life - in this case, Jason Bourne, the insomniac assassin who is mortally injured, mysteriously wakes up one ominous stormy night in a boat amidst the ocean!

A brilliant story is incredibly compelling - a derailed protagonist, battles to find out his identity whilst desperately running from hitmen who want him dead for reasons unknown, implicates a stranger in his dangerous errands, only to unravel the deepest mysteries ever woven. This plot-line maybe formula oriented - character in trouble, character is to be praised for his perseverance, and in the end the character redeems by facing his nemesis; but the story definitely was unique and thank god not banal in any point.

The author deftly describes the way the main character discovers little by little about his mysterious past; he uses flashbacks, short-lived action sequences and much more. The book being full of excellent fight sequences and ploys to deceive one's prey, allows Bourne to "realize" that he has impressive combat skills and acute sense for survival at every stage and hurdle. Moreoever, his muscle-memory and instincts always save him from any traps, all the more startling him about his background.

Nearly everything about the story was perfect (except for Bourne's love-interest in my opinion). The plot was extremely interesting and the powerful, enigmatic characters kept playing in my mind thereby gradually building an atmosphere of intense suspense for which I just could't wait to flip the pages. As said before, reading this book felt like I was completely living in the author's imagination, racing from one city to another to plan my next move, uncovering the mysteries of my skills just to stay alive! ( )
  Toufiq | Dec 18, 2014 |
*Spoiler Alert*

The book totally indulges you in the top-notch spy/action thriller experience.

Toufiq | Dec 18, 2014 |
Roman po kome je snimljen i cuveni istoimeni film sa Mat Dejmonom u glavnoj ulozi. Džejson Born je covek koji nema prošlost, a moguce je da nece imati ni buducnost. Jedino cega je svestan jeste da ga je Mediteransko more izbacilo na obalu i da mu je telo izrešetano. Polako ce shvatiti da se nalazi u zamršenoj slagalici iz koje nece moci da pobegne kao ni od svoje prošlosti. I niko ne može da mu pomogne, niko osim žene koja je nekada želela da pobegne od njega.
added by Sensei-CRS | editknjigainfo.com

Robert Ludlumprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Virtanen, AnttiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Glynis
A very special light we all adore.
With love and deep respect.
The New York Times, Friday, July 11, 1975, FRONT PAGE

DIPLOMATS SAID TO BE LINKED WITH FUGITIVE TERRORIST KNOWN AS CARLOS.

France expelled three high-ranking Cuban diplomats in connection with the worldwide search for the man called Carlos, who is believed to be an important link in an international terrorist network.
The trawler plunged into the angry swells of the dark, furious sea like an awkward animal trying desperately to break out of an impenetrable swamp.
1980 Die Bourne Identität – The Bourne Identity (Titel der ersten deutschsprachigen Ausgabe: Der Borowski-Betrug)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553260111, Mass Market Paperback)

Jason Bourne.

He has no past. And he may have no future. His memory is blank. He only knows that he was flushed out of the Mediterranean Sea, his body riddled with bullets.

There are a few clues. A frame of microfilm surgically implanted beneath the flesh of his hip. Evidence that plastic surgery has altered his face. Strange things that he says in his delirium -- maybe code words. Initial: "J.B." And a number on the film negative that leads to a Swiss bank account, a fortune of four million dollars, and, at last, a name: Jason Bourne.

But now he is marked for death, caught in a maddening puzzle, racing for survival through the deep layers of his buried past into a bizarre world of murderous conspirators -- led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin. And no one can help Jason Bourne but the woman who once wanted to escape him.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:51 -0400)

His memory is blank. His bullet-ridden body was fished from the Mediterranean Sea. His face has been altered by plastic surgery. A frame of microfilm has been surgically implanted in his hip. Even his name is a mystery. Marked for death, he is racing for survivasl through aa bizarre world of murderous conspirators--led by Carlos, the world's most dangerous assassin.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,076,685 books! | Top bar: Always visible