Identical by Ellen Hopkins

Identical

by Ellen Hopkins

Bloom by Elizabeth Scott (Anonymous user)

This reminded me of "Uncle Vampire" by Cynthia Grant. I figured out the surprise development long before it happened but couldn't guess which twin it was. The intensity and raw honesty will draw readers in but I found this book much longer than I felt it needed to be. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
My favourite Ellen Hopkins book so far. Huge unexpected twist at the end. ( )
  babydogfish | Jan 29, 2016 |
Wow! Though the issue is deeply disturbing, the characters were so well written. ( )
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
I really like these books and I love that they are written in verse. ( )
  MelanieTid | Jan 18, 2016 |
This book is dedicated to Dianne, Karen, and Tracy, dear friends and special women who rose to shine like stars above dark places in their lives.

With special thanks to Jude, who provided invaluable insight about the psychology of sexual abuse--its victims and victimizers.
When I look into a mirror, it is her face I see.

Publisher Comments:
In the latest hard-hitting YA novel by the New York Timesbestselling author, 16-yearold identical twin girls must come to terms with their abusive father.

Kaeleigh and Raeanne are 16-year-old identical twins, the daughters of a district court judge father and politician mother running for Congress. Everything on the surface of their lives seems Norman Rockwell perfect, but underneath run deep and damaging secrets.

Kaeleigh is the good girl'"her father's perfect flower, something she has tried so hard to be since she was nine and he started sexually abusing her. She cuts herself and vomits after every binge, desperate to feel something normal. Raeanne uses painkillers, drugs, alcohol, and sex to numb the pain of not being Daddy's favorite. Both girls must figure out how to become whole, but how can they when their world has been torn to shreds?

Writing in her characteristic narrative poetry style, Ellen Hopkins shows once again how well she knows today's teens and the issues that matter to them.

Sixteen-year-old identical twin daughters of a district court judge and a candidate for the United States House of Representatives, Kaeleigh and Raeanne Gardella desperately struggle with secrets that have already torn them and their family apart.

HighBridge

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,103,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible