Identical by Ellen Hopkins

Identical

by Ellen Hopkins

Bloom by Elizabeth Scott (Anonymous user)

I absolutely loved this book and did not see the amazing twist towards the end. I read this book in one day because I was completely captivated by the twin's story. The ability of Hopkins to set the story line up in verse is mesmerizing and surprisingly easy to read. While this novel does tackle tough issues, such as sexual abuse, drugs, rebellion, and love, Hopkins does so in a way that is relatable and not too in your face. However, I would only recommend this novel for my older readers because of the topics handled, and I do not think it would work in classroom, but it would work well as a book club book. ( )
  Dtate2312 | Apr 11, 2016 |
This is really an amazing story about the identical twin sisters who have different identities of behaviors. Each of them wanted to be whole again as a family. For me, it is really good to have a father and mother at all times, and give their needs and wants, to give attention, love and care so that they will go to the right path. This twins had a really bad experience from their own family. They both need their parents but sad to say, their mother is not contented of what they already have. And the father abuses Kaeleigh sexually. But Raeanne wanted to be her dad’s favorite, unknowingly the story behind. This is remarkable story that should be read by everyone! ( )
  CristinaAllen | Mar 14, 2016 |
This one was hard for me to read but I tried not let that effect my rating. It's a dark and disturbing story that unfortunately is probably important to read. I enjoy the poetry/novel verse format, I find that they read quickly without a lot of unnecessary words. As i was reading this I thought about all the things i might know about my students and their private lives. This book touches on the power of twins but also the separate realities of dysfunctional families and what people to do get by. It's a good reminder that what seems perfect on the outside can still be rotten on the inside. It's compelling.

Curricular connection - I think this book good be a really great resource for QPR which is the Question Persuade Respond/ You Are Not Alone teen program. ( )
  ECrowwwley | Feb 29, 2016 |
This reminded me of "Uncle Vampire" by Cynthia Grant. I figured out the surprise development long before it happened but couldn't guess which twin it was. The intensity and raw honesty will draw readers in but I found this book much longer than I felt it needed to be. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
My favourite Ellen Hopkins book so far. Huge unexpected twist at the end. ( )
  babydogfish | Jan 29, 2016 |
This book is dedicated to Dianne, Karen, and Tracy, dear friends and special women who rose to shine like stars above dark places in their lives.

With special thanks to Jude, who provided invaluable insight about the psychology of sexual abuse--its victims and victimizers.
When I look into a mirror, it is her face I see.

Publisher Comments:
In the latest hard-hitting YA novel by the New York Timesbestselling author, 16-yearold identical twin girls must come to terms with their abusive father.

Kaeleigh and Raeanne are 16-year-old identical twins, the daughters of a district court judge father and politician mother running for Congress. Everything on the surface of their lives seems Norman Rockwell perfect, but underneath run deep and damaging secrets.

Kaeleigh is the good girl'"her father's perfect flower, something she has tried so hard to be since she was nine and he started sexually abusing her. She cuts herself and vomits after every binge, desperate to feel something normal. Raeanne uses painkillers, drugs, alcohol, and sex to numb the pain of not being Daddy's favorite. Both girls must figure out how to become whole, but how can they when their world has been torn to shreds?

Writing in her characteristic narrative poetry style, Ellen Hopkins shows once again how well she knows today's teens and the issues that matter to them.

Sixteen-year-old identical twin daughters of a district court judge and a candidate for the United States House of Representatives, Kaeleigh and Raeanne Gardella desperately struggle with secrets that have already torn them and their family apart.

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

HighBridge

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,399,740 books! | Top bar: Always visible