Coyote: A Novel of Interstellar Exploration…

Coyote: A Novel of Interstellar Exploration (original 2002; edition 2002)

by Allen Steele

Title:Coyote: A Novel of Interstellar Exploration
Authors:Allen Steele
Info:Ace Hardcover (2002), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 400 pages
Tags:Science Fiction, Coyote, RT, D, LSI

Coyote by Allen Steele (2002)

Recently added byAndyMD, adamblarson, thomask7818, Joanna.Conrad, TseMoana, private library, DeafScribe, verbatrium

It was disturbing, and I'm still not really sure what happened at the end. Most of it took place in the protagonist's head. But I liked that it was written in small bites. And I enjoy a book I have to think about to understand. ( )
  Joanna.Conrad | Nov 4, 2015 |
scifi, I almost wish I hadn't read the trilogy so fast now... ( )
  Mrdrewk | Dec 2, 2014 |
386 pages Science fiction. America has been taken over by a religious right wing oppressive government.This government has built Earth's 1st space ship capable of reaching a worlds that humans can live on. This is how the book opens up. The next 350 pages tell a gripping story of hijacking and exploration. Allen Steele writes one heck of a yarn. This book kept me involved from the 1st to the last page.A complete story in and of its self , this book is the 1st of 3 books that explore the ideas of Freedom , revolution, and colonization.
  Cataloger623 | Nov 8, 2014 |
In a repressive America, beggared by their despotic dream to plant the seeds of zealotry on a new world, a group of dissident intellectuals dream a dream of their own: to steal the colony ship and start the new world themselves, even though none of them have been trained for the task.

That's how this story begins, the first in this series of connected short stories. In the ensuing stories, we journey across the stars with the escaping colonists and then live with them throughout the first few years of life on their new planetary home, dubbed _Coyote_.

It's a good story with some interesting developments but it never really grabbed me. I think the structure of serial short stories prevents it from having a developmental story arc that emotionally engages us from start to finish, and the lack of a clear and consistent protagonist makes it harder to stay connected to the drama as it unfolds.

If you like serialized short stories, or colony-world adventures, this should be right up your alley. ( )
  Jefficus | Apr 25, 2014 |
for Martha Millard - Literary agent, good friend
This is the story of the new world.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441011160, Mass Market Paperback)

The national bestselling story of Earth's first interstellar colonists-and the mysterious planet that becomes their home.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:18 -0400)

Story of Earth's first interstellar colonists and the mysterious planet that becomes their home.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,853,165 books! | Top bar: Always visible