Dead Is the New Black by Marlene Perez

Dead Is the New Black (edition 2008)

by Marlene Perez

Series: Dead Is (1)

Member:brandy124
Title:Dead Is the New Black
Authors:Marlene Perez
Info:Graphia (2008), Edition: 1, Paperback, 208 pages
Tags:realistic fiction

Dead is the New Black by Marlene Perez

Recently added bylisakilian0507, HunterMiddle, sunset_x_cocktail, private library, ChickensAreBrave

This would be a good series for reluctant readers. It was fast paced and not too in depth. ( )
  TheMadHatters | Apr 4, 2014 |
Good YA book. I am in the rest of them now. ( )
  Mykake | Mar 23, 2014 |
I'm really not sure about this one. I'll read another in the series to see if it grows on me...I felt like I was picking up a story somewhere in the middle. Daisy and her sisters are likable. The plot of the story was contrived. An attempt to divert attention from the culprit fell short and the ending was anti-climactic. Since Daisy is so likable, I am curious to see how her character develops through the series and whether she ever discovers what happened to her father. ( )
  daatwood | Nov 21, 2013 |
Great title, which was the only thing I really liked about this book.
Vampires are hot for the girls but this one didn't seem that good. ( )
  librarian1204 | Apr 26, 2013 |
I went into this thinking it would be brain candy and just something fluffy in between school books. It was brain candy, but more like the store brand, not M&M/Mars...not bad, I'll probably read the others and hope tht there is more development. Main character is Daisy, odd girl out in almost every scenario whe the book opens, but in lttle over 100pp becomes the center of the universe. Light and fluffy; if you don't wnat to have to think, this is for you! ( )
  ScoutJ | Mar 31, 2013 |
To my agent, Stephen Barbara, who got the party started
Being dead became fashionable approximately forty-five minutes after Samantha "the Divine" Devereaux came back from summer break.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152064087, Paperback)

Welcome to Nightshade, California—a small town full of secrets. It’s home to the pyschic Giordano sisters, who have a way of getting mixed up in mysteries. During their investigations, they run across everything from pom-pom-shaking vampires to shape-shifting boyfriends to a clue-spewing jukebox. With their psychic powers and some sisterly support, they can crack any case!

Teenage girls are being mysteriously attacked all over town, including at Nightshade High School, where Daisy Giordano is a junior. When Daisy discovers that a vampire may be the culprit, she can’t help but suspect head cheerleader Samantha Devereaux, who returned from summer break with a new “look.” Samantha appears a little . . . well, dead, and all the most popular kids at school are copying her style.

Is looking dead just another fashion trend for Samantha, or is there something more sinister going on? To find out, Daisy joins the cheerleading squad.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:44 -0400)

While dealing with her first boyfriend and suddenly being pressed into service as a substitute cheerleader, seventeen-year-old Daisy Giordano, daughter and sister of psychics but herself a "normal," attempts to help her mother discover who is behind a series of bizarre attacks on teenage girls in their little town of Nightshade, California.… (more)

Marlene Perez is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,770,606 books! | Top bar: Always visible