Magic Kingdom For Sale—SOLD!

by Terry Brooks

Series: The Magic Kingdom of Landover (1)

3,822602,277 (3.62)1 / 105
Ben Holiday purchases the magical kingdom of Landover for a million dollars only to learn that Iron Mark, lord of the demons, expects him to fight a duel to the death.
    The Dragon and the George by Gordon R. Dickson (wolfjack)
    wolfjack: I believe anyone who enjoys a light read involving those of our world entering a fantasy land of magic and battle will also love this book.
    A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony (Scottneumann)
    A Princess of Landover by Terry Brooks (Scottneumann)
    The Warriors by Joel Rosenberg (wolfjack)
    The Silent Tower by Barbara Hambly (wolfjack)
    Hard Sell by Piers Anthony (Scottneumann)

I really liked this book,for me I found it entertaining from start to finish.

This is my 2nd review,the 1st time I read it was 30 years ago.
I do think the book was better this time.It was a little slow in the beginning,but to be expected for the backstory on the character.But after he gets to Landover things really pick-up.From one adventure to the next it was a very entertaining read. ( )
  chalton | Jul 14, 2020 |
hb
  5083mitzi | Apr 25, 2020 |
Light fantasy. ( )
  ElentarriLT | Mar 24, 2020 |
all is not as advertised in Landover. kingdom is in shambles, can the new owner save it?
  ritaer | Mar 19, 2020 |
acquisto regno incantato ( )
  SamanthaRaciti | Feb 25, 2020 |

Brooks, Terryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Shapiro, ShellyMapsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The Witch of the North seemed to think for a time, with her head bowed and her eyes upon the ground. Then she looked up and said, "I do not know where Kansas is, for I have never heard that country mentioned before. But tell me, is it a civilized country?"

"Oh, yes," replied Dorothy.

"Then that accounts for it. In the civilized countries I believe there are no witches left, nor wizards, nor sorceresses, nor magicians. But, you see, the Land of Oz has never been cvilized, for we are cut off from all the rest of the world. There we still have witches and wizards amongst us."

L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz
For Kennard, Vernon, Bill, John and Mike

It happened something like this...
The catalog was from Rosen's, Ltd.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,775,203 books! | Top bar: Always visible