Emil in the Soup Tureen by Astrid Lindgren

Emil in the Soup Tureen (1963)

by Astrid Lindgren

Series: Emil of Lonneberga (1)

English (8)  Swedish (1)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All languages (11)
Match found in the German National Library.
  glsottawa | Apr 4, 2018 |
is the drawing used for the cover of this edition. Funny adventures. It's interesting to see different reactions to Emil's escapades, and heartwarming to know that his parents, in their innocence, forgive him every time. Little sister Ida is adorable. I love the pictures, as they're so expressive & lively despite being 'simple' line drawings." ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Love this book. It is very recognizable for children: a 5-year old boy who constantly gets into trouble, although he really tries to do his very best to stay out of them.
Everything just always seems to go wrong, without any bad intentions from his side. Higly recommended! ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Mar 31, 2013 |
The original Swedish title, Emil i Lönneberga (Emil of Lönneberga) makes more sense. The soup tureen episode is only one chapter of the book. Some of things Emil did reminded me of my littlest sister. :) ( )
  kathleen586 | Mar 30, 2013 |
I actually read this in Swedish! I doubt I could manage it all now, but still. Go me! Naughty little Emil was heaps of fun as well :) ( )
  lfae | Nov 11, 2011 |

Astrid Lindgrenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Berg, BjörnIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wikland, IlonIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0192727206, Paperback)

Whether he's running his little sister up a flagpole, or trying to escape after getting locked in a shed, Emil's adventures never stop. Hens, dogs, little sisters - and adults - all flee his path. But Emil doesn't mean to be bad, it's just that trouble - and fun - follow him wherever he goes. A collection of utterly engaging tales from one of the world's best-loved children's authors.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:21 -0400)

Whether he's running his little sister up a flagpole, or trying to escape after getting locked in the shed, Emil's adventures never stop. But Emil doesn't mean to be bad, it's just that trouble - and fun - follow him wherever he goes. Suggested level: primary.… (more)

Legacy Library: Astrid Lindgren

Astrid Lindgren has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Astrid Lindgren's legacy profile.

See Astrid Lindgren's author page.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,544,370 books! | Top bar: Always visible