Sam's Creed (Hell 2) by Sarah McCarty

Sam's Creed (Hell 2) (edition 2011)

by Sarah McCarty

Member:pse105
Title:Sam's Creed (Hell 2)
Authors:Sarah McCarty
Info:HQN Books (2011), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Collections:E book, Your library, Western

Sam's Creed by Sarah McCarty

Sam's Creed
3 Stars

A sweet and VERY steamy romance with an engaging heroine and a sexy hero. There isn’t much in the way of plot though, and the rest of the Hell’s Eight (other than Tucker) are nowhere in sight.

Might continue with the series sometime but probably not anytime soon. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
xx ( )
  Janicemo | Nov 7, 2016 |
I'm just not feeling this series, and the only reason that I'm continuing it is that I really, really want to read Tracker's story (which has the potential to be so good, so I am hoping that it won't disappoint). I was expecting more from Sam, who was introduced in the first book and seemed at least moderately intriguing there. But, instead, I got a very formulaic, generic romance that could have really taken place between any two characters.

There was instalove (meh), some odd sex requiring Olympic levels of contortion (I don't think it was humanly possible to do what they supposedly did on horseback), and so many tropes that I can't even begin to be interested enough to list them.

Also...Bella. No. When she is returned to her mother by Sam for "safekeeping" while Sam takes out the evil baddie, Bella essentially tells her mother that if Sam doesn't come back for her, she's going to follow him, seduce him, and get pregnant so he'll have no other choice than to marry her. And when her mother questions this, Bella was like, "oh, he doesn't say that he wants kids, but I now that he does." What. I'm sorry, not romantic in the slightest. Nope nope nope.

Also, Bella is nearly raped by the baddie, but she is conveniently saved by getting her period at just the right moment. I wear, I have read this at least a dozen times elsewhere, and I hated it each of those times so...

Very meh-inducing. Here's to hoping that the third book in the series is better. ( )
  schatzi | Nov 27, 2015 |
Very good book. Texas Ranger Sam is searching for a kidnapped woman when he comes across Isabella, the only survivor in the attack on some wagons. Discovering that she's been on the run for six months, he's determined to return her safely to her home. Finding out why she's running has him equally intent on ending the threat to her.

Bella ran from home when her parents were forced to promise her to local bad guy Tajela. Her father was killed while trying to protect her. Tajela is a particularly nasty sort who wants her land first and her body second. Bella's not interested as she wants a man she can love and respect.

I liked Sam a lot. He's the strong silent type with a very definite code of honor. I also found that he had a pretty good sense of humor. Isabella isn't exactly the meek and obedient kind of woman, and from the beginning he finds himself constantly challenged by her. He's protective, even though she tells him she doesn't want his help. Getting her back home won't be easy, as he's right in the middle of the area that Tajela controls.

I loved Sam and Bella together. She is quite a spitfire, who has no trouble telling him what she does and does not want. Sam listens, then goes on and does just as he intended in the first place. He thinks of her as a spitting kitten and finds her pretty amusing. He's also very attracted to her, and though he has quite the reputation with women, he sees her as an innocent and his honor won't let him do anything about it. Bella is just as attracted to him, and convinced that Tajela will eventually catch up with her, would rather give herself to Sam. She is determined to have her way with him. The heat between them builds, and when they finally give in, it is scorching. Sam fought it hard, but once he gave in I loved seeing how Sam brought out the passionate woman in her.

I loved seeing their relationship develop. Sam is a man whose past has him believing that he isn't someone who deserves love. But there is something about Bella that he just can't resist, and it's more than just her body. As things go on, he sees past the brave and feisty front to her fear of what could happen and is determined to protect her. On her side, I loved the way that Bella saw past Sam's notorious reputation to the lonely man that he didn't let anyone suspect. She had a terrific way of getting past his control and right to the heart of him. I loved the fact that she wasn't going to just let him ride off into the sunset at the end.

The action side of the book, with Sam working to get Bella back to safety, was really good. Sam and Bella were under constant threat, and several of the attacks were especially violent. I thought that Bella held up very well, though she certainly gave Sam a few bad moments during some of them. By the time the final confrontation with Tejala came I was ready to see the end of him. It was very intense, with the potential for ending badly. It wasn't easy to see how it all worked out, but it did.

I loved the time spent with Sam's Hell's Eight brother, Tucker. His support for Sam and Bella was crucial. I also enjoyed seeing his interaction with the Quaker woman. I have a feeling that she has an important role in his life. I also liked his way of making Sam see just how important Bella is to him. There were also a couple great scenes with the men who work for Bella's ranch. One is where they make Sam see that she is more than just their boss. The next is a fun one where it's a kid that calls Sam out on his relationship with Bella and just where it should be headed. ( )
  scoutmomskf | Sep 15, 2015 |
Ah Sam and Isabella what a couple. Sam has quite the reputation some of it warranted some of it not so much. Bella is the intended for Tejala (scum sucking, crazy, a-hole. She has no intention of letting that happen so she takes off and yadda, yadda ends up meeting Sam. At first her righteousness drives me nuts but I understand and she balances it out by her blunt honesty, she is a good match for Sam. Ugh I hate the "scent of or the taste of" a woman being described with the word ambrosia!! Although at the moment I don't have any suggestions to rectify this annoyance I have so I'll just have to deal with it hmmmm?! Okay back on the subject....SEX on horseback whoo-hee that Sam is just something else and gets an A in my book ;) I was glad Kell's all good. Jorge sounds like an awesome kid and I love how he approaches Sam saying he has "man's business' lol what a cutie. Book #2 in Hell's Eight series just as good as the 1st. Keep'em coming ( )
  cinful1121 | Sep 3, 2011 |

Known for making up his own rules of right and wrong, Texas Ranger Sam "Wildcard" MacGregor takes what he wants when he wants it, especially when it comes to women. But seduction is the last thing on his mind the moment he stumbles across an Hispanic beauty crouching in fear beside a burned-out wagon. And it doesn't take long before he realizes the woman the townsfolk call "cursed" is hiding secrets too dangerous to face alone.

Isabella may look feminine and unassuming, but she's hell in a bodice with gunslinging skills to match any man's. But though she knows not to give Sam her heart as readily as she offers him her lush body, Isabella is certain she sees in Sam what he can barely glimpse in himself - a virtuous man dropped deep into a hard country bent on breaking him. A man who, under it all, craves a passionate woman willing to risk everything.

Isabella may look feminine and unassuming, but she's hell in a bodice with gunslinging skills to match any man's. But though she knows not to give Sam her heart as readily as she offers him her lush body, Isabella is certain she sees in Sam what he can barely glimpse in himself—a virtuous man dropped deep into a hard country bent on breaking him. A man who, under it all, craves a passionate woman willing to risk everything…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:54 -0400)

When Texas Ranger Sam "Wildcard" MacGregor stumbles across a Hispanic beauty crouched beside a burned-out wagon wracked with grief, he discovers that the passionate Isabella is hiding secrets too dangerous to be faced alone.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,422,720 books! | Top bar: Always visible