The Clockwise Man by Justin Richards
Recently added bynin10do_gamer, private library, melydia, jean-duteau
(3) 1920s (4) 9th Doctor (33) BBC (9) British (3) Doctor Who (128) ebook (7) fiction (45) hardcover (6) London (7) NDA (3) New Series Adventures (7) ninth doctor adventures (4) novel (6) NSA (5) own (3) read (9) read in 2005 (3) robots (4) rose (10) Rose Tyler (13) science fiction (76) series (3) sf (12) sff (3) television (16) tie-in (11) time travel (8) to-read (7) tv tie-in (9)

Engaging and suspenseful, with excellent characterization, this Who book brings back my favorite Doctor and lets him shine. Even if the plot is a little far-fetched at times, it's a good short enjoyable Who romp. ( )
  liveshipvivacia | Apr 26, 2014 |
Good solid story from Justin Richards - and it was great to have one more adventure with the 9th Doctor! ( )
  LouisVillains | Apr 25, 2014 |
It's a quick, fun read if you're a fan of the Doctor, but its not going to win any literary awards. ( )
  iamjonlarson | Apr 24, 2014 |
This is the first Doctor Who novel that I've read and I was quite pleased with it. The e-book version I'm reading didn't have a cover, so I wasn't sure which new Doctor it would be, but the dialogue style was so spot-on that I could tell it was the 9th Doctor almost immediately. The adventure is solid and entertaining with some good twists; I could picture it as an actual episode.

3.5 stars because it was better than "Fair", but I probably won't reread it. ( )
  Starsister12 | Dec 7, 2013 |
I'm a pretty big Doctor Who fan, although only of the 2005 reboot (I was too young for the original series and have no idea how to get into that one). Next to the series on the BBC and a lot of other merchandise, there is also a series of (children's) books. For me, these books are episodes on its own. They are pretty quick reads, but as much fun as the show (with the same Doctor and companions) and great to read when waiting between episodes or seasons.
In this book the Doctor (9th) and Rose travel to London in 1924 to see the British Empire Exhibition but instead stumble upon a strange plot of attempted murder, displaced royals from unknown countries, a woman who never shows her face and weird cats. It reads like a true Doctor Who adventure, including references to the TV show, and is a lot of fun. Four out of five stars. ( )
  divinenanny | Jul 4, 2013 |
For Julian and Christian -- and everyone else now discovering or rediscovering the amazing worlds of Doctor Who
Peter Dickson learned the truth about black cats from his mother.

England 1924: the Doctor and Rose find themselves caught up in the hunt for a murderer. With faceless killers closing in, can they solve the mystery of the Clockwise Man before London itself is destroyed? This is the first of a new series of hardcovers featuring the new Doctor Who from the new TV series.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:50 -0400)

Its England in 1924, and the Doctor and Rose find themselves caught up in the hunt for a murderer. With the faceless killers closing in, can they solve the mystery of the clockwise man before London itself is destroyed?

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,483,446 books! | Top bar: Always visible