Yondering by Louis L'Amour

Yondering (original 1980; edition 1989)

by Louis L'Amour

Member:walkernot
Title:Yondering
Authors:Louis L'Amour
Info:Bantam (1989), Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Rating:**
Tags:short stories, sea men, pirates, WWII, Spanish Foreign Legion, shipwrecked, bushwhacked, kidnapped, miners, cave in, shore men

Yondering by Louis L'Amour (1980)

Product Description FOR USE IN SCHOOLS AND LIBRARIES ONLY. From the Inside Flap "Over the years I have been proud to write about the men and women of the American frontier. But I have written many stories with entirely different settings which I have long wanted to share with my readers. "I have collected some of these in YONDERING. They are glimpses of what my own life was like during the early years. Those were the rough years; often I was hungry, out of work and facing situations such as I have written about. "Although these stories take place in a variety of locales, they are stories of people living under conditions similar to the way they might have lived on the frontier. I hope you'll enjoy YONDERING." --Louis L'Amour ( )
  Hans.Michel | Sep 13, 2013 |
A miscellaneous set of pulp adventure stories, but one of the first that got me interested in L'Amour whom I had thought of as just a western writer ( )
  antiquary | Jun 9, 2013 |
Short stories are okay, but I had enough by page 121. There were some stories I real liked and I was really enjoying then the story ended. Others that I pushed through and was glad when they ended.

Stories ranged from miners caught in a cave in, battles fought in the mountains and sand to a cruise liner sinking at sea. There were stories of adventure, more of survival and the slowest times in a sailors life: stranded in port.

Stick this book in a desk drawer or glove box and read a story at lunch or when you're stuck in a parking lot and you'll find more enjoyment of it than trying to read straight through it. ( )
  walkernot | Nov 23, 2012 |
Great Book! ( )
  ReoDon | Jan 1, 2010 |
Somewhere my love lay sleeping
Behind the lights of a far-off town;
So I gave my heart to a bend in the road,
And off I went, a-yondering.
To Marc Jaffe...A good friend and a fine gentleman from New York whom I met in a saloon in Elko, Nevada.
In the passing of time when greater events occupy the attention of the world, some things are forgotten that should be remembered.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553282034, Mass Market Paperback)

“Over the years I have been proud to write about the men and women of the American frontier. But I have written many stories with entirely different settings which I have long wanted to share with my readers.

“I have collected some of these in Yondering. They are glimpses of what my own life was like during the early years. Those were the rough years; often I was hungry, out of work and facing situations such as I have since written about.

“Although these stories take place in a variety of locales, they are stories of people living under conditions similar to the way they might have lived on the frontier. I hope you’ll enjoy Yondering.”

—Louis L’Amour

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:47 -0400)

The popular Western author tells stories about sea adventures, episodes from WW II, and his acquaintances as a young man.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,823,783 books! | Top bar: Always visible