Science Fair Day by Lynn Plourde

Science Fair Day (edition 2008)

by Lynn Plourde, Thor Wickstrom (Illustrator)

Title:Science Fair Day
Authors:Lynn Plourde
Other authors:Thor Wickstrom (Illustrator)
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2008), Hardcover, 40 pages
Tags:easy, k-3, science

Science Fair Day by Lynn Plourde

This book is about a very nosey little girl. She is trying to look at everyone else's science projects but everyone wants their projects to be a surprise. While looking at everyone's projects something happens and they get messed up or they break, which makes everyone mad. This is a good book to read to children because it shows that they have to be respectful of others and not touch what isn't theirs. ( )
  ccampeaux | Apr 29, 2015 |
This was a fun little story about a class' science fair and the little girl who has a tendency to ask a lot of questions and get into a bit of trouble. I loved right off the bat, the student's name Ima Kindanozee. I quite literally laughed out loud when I read that. I'm not sure I would have been as understanding as the classmates of Ima's desire to touch and manipulate everyone's projects, however. That said, it is a great book for how science is driven by questioning. If looked at from that perspective, it is a very good book. I'd use this book to do that, but I'd also use it to discuss what Ima does that she SHOULDN'T.
Reading Level: 2.2 Interest Level: K-3 ( )
  TaraKennedy | Apr 23, 2015 |
Ima Kindanozee is a curious little girl. On the day of the science fair, she is curious to find out about everyone's project. She is always asking so many questions. All she did for her project was write 999 pages of questions! The principal gave all the students awards, except for Ima. She was okay with that because her project made the headlines. This was a funny book and I enjoyed the illustrations. Good read for a science class. Recommended for grades K-3 ( )
  ccanizales | Apr 22, 2015 |
During Science Fair Day, Ima is a curious student who has a lot of questions. Her questions often lead to complete chaos by destroying the students' projects to uncover her answers. Ima's questions eventually help her to ask the appropriate questions when Principal Helm arrives. However, when Ima doesn't receive a ribbon for her project, her teacher realizes that Ima is great for the newspaper. This story is nice to incorporate when students are preparing for a science fair or to generate an interest in science. ( )
  jwesley | Apr 21, 2015 |
2. Lynn Plourde’s book, “Science Fair Day,” is about how important curiosity is in not only a classroom, but also in life. I enjoyed this book for three reasons. First, the setting takes place in a contemporary world involving a classroom, and the characters act realistically. By doing so, this picture book relates to students and their experiences. The main character, Ima Kindanozee, is believable through illustrations and language. Second, I like that the characters are displayed to suit all types of students in a regular classroom. As you flip the pages throughout the book, each student’s science fair project is unique and offers interesting facts and questions. So, I like how the author stresses the importance of asking questions to gain more knowledge. Ima Kindanozee represents extremely curious personalities in that she did not receive an award, but was clearly accepted by her teacher for her inquisitive nature. Third, the font of the writing takes into consideration of characters at the age and gender of the book. For example, the font looks handwritten rather than formally typed. So, the font of the writing makes the overall big idea of curiosity, acceptable as a personal character trait. In addition to the writing, I like how the short, concise sentences engage the age specific audience of this picture book. ( )
  kacieforest | Feb 21, 2015 |

Ima Kindanozee likes to know anything and everything going on around her. She always asks plenty of questions. And the perfect day to ask questions is Science Fair Day. But perhaps she doesn?t need to flip that switch on Josephina?s spaceship project, or touch that bone on Dewey?s dinosaur skeleton in order to find her answers. Will Mrs. Shepherd be able to put Ima?s snoopiness to good use before the principal arrives to judge the science fair?

This fifth story about the silly students in Mrs. Shepherd?s class has the same endearing and funny chemistry as its predecessors.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:38 -0400)

On Science Fair Day, Ima Kindanozee proves that she is the most inquisitive student in Mrs. Shepherd's class.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,751,926 books! | Top bar: Always visible