Dragonborn (Love Spell) by Jade Lee

Dragonborn (Love Spell) (edition 2008)

by Jade Lee

Member:sidhevicious
Title:Dragonborn (Love Spell)
Authors:Jade Lee
Info:Love Spell (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 354 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:TBR, Paranormal Romance

Dragonborn by Jade Lee

While I enjoyed the book and the developing relationship between the Queen dragon and Natiya, I won't be re-reading the story. A few things bothered me and made the book more of a series of events about cardboard characters rather than a story where people grow and overcome their faults.
One was the stubborn insistence of Kiril that Dragons are evil and make men evil. This is a reoccuring utterance thought the book. I kept wondering why Natiya didn't tell him the information she gained from the dragon and prove him wrong.
Second was the power of the promise Kiril had made to Sabina. What possessed him to make such a promise in the first place? Why did he have to be responsible for his cousins actions? I also seriously doubt that his cousin was the only one responsible for what happened to Sabina. From her words and actions, I bet she made it impossible for him to deny her and used him to further her own ends.
Third, why did Sabina have to be such an ignorant and manipulative bitch? She never once displayed any shred of compassion or understanding. Her every action was for her own benefit and didn't care about the consequences her actions had on others. She was the true evil in the story.
Four, why was the only way to keep the human from enslaving a dragon to allow the dragon and human to exchange bodies? What prevented them from exchanging bodies back? What gave the dragon the right to take over a humans life or vice versa?
Five, why in the world do people keep making promises when they dont even know what it is they are promising? The consequences of the promise are horrible, they aren't forced to make such and offer, any the people are stupid enough not to find out the terms. ( )
  Taleri | Jan 21, 2009 |
This was more of a fantasy story with some sex thrown in than a love story. I finished it, but didn't have any problems putting it down, which is too bad as I just LOVE dragons. If you're looking for a love story with a good plot and dragons, try Kiss of Fire by Deborah Cooke.

Kiril knows dragons are evil. He should, as he works for the evil dragon-bonded emperor (the same one who killed Kiril's entire family). Kiril is the most feared dragon-hunter in the kingdom and now there's only one egg left for him to find and dispose of.

Dragons are good. Natiya knows because she is carrying the last egg, a Queen dragon. She has eluded capture all these years, but time is growing short and her dragon is about to hatch.

I guess I didn't enjoy this book because of all the conflicting thoughts and actions. Kiril doesn't like to kill but he does. The emperor killed his family, yet Kiril kills the only things that might be able to depose the emperor.

Natiya can't make up her mind about Kiril, dragons, or even the emperor. She has several TSTL moments and I really didn't feel for her throughout the book. I didn't feel a connection (other than good sex) between her and Kiril and both hid hurtful secrets. Anyway, I'm sure there's a vast audience for this, but I wouldn't have shelved it in romance. ( )
1 vote jjmachshev | Mar 25, 2008 |
Not really a romance novel in the strictest sense, much more fantasy-sci fi. Very little of the elements that make up romance novels - flirting, courting, wooing, mental and physical connection between the characters. ( )
1 vote Brendelicious | Feb 27, 2008 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,669,695 books! | Top bar: Always visible