It Only Takes a Moment LP: A Novel of…

It Only Takes a Moment LP: A Novel of Suspense (edition 2008)

by Mary Jane Clark

Member:ElyPublicLibrary
Title:It Only Takes a Moment LP: A Novel of Suspense
Authors:Mary Jane Clark
Info:HarperLuxe (2008), Paperback, 464 pages
Tags:Adult Fiction

It Only Takes a Moment by Mary Jane Clark (Author)

English (7)  Spanish (1)  All (8)
This was another very good book in a list of good books. I was completely clueless until almost the last page, literally! The characters are becoming closer, although I find Mack superfluous. I did wish Clark would have put a little more time into BJ but do enjoy the strength and "realness" of the women characters. So glad Mrs. Garcia was okay. ( )
  mmoj | Mar 2, 2017 |
I typically have tried to stay away from her books, but I am glad this one didn't stay away from me! The author keeps the reader on the edge of their seat throughout the book, and never lets go of you for one single second! From the beginning to the very end-an ending, by the way, that I so did not expect!-I never lost interest at all. ( )
  KWoman | Oct 17, 2012 |
It has been a few years since I have read a book by Mary Jane Clark. I have two more books to read to be caught up with all of the books she has written. And even though I have not read her books in a while I had no problem picking this book up and remember exactly who Eliza Blake was.
The book starts off with Eliza at work and the housekeeper, Mrs. Garcia and Janie-Eliza's daughter- getting Janie ready to head to day camp. After Janie has left a mysterious black van pulls into the Blake's drive way, two people get out and they go into the house and makes Mrs. Garcia go with them. They tell her all of the bad things that will happen to Janie if she doesn't listen. They tell Mrs. Garcia that she has to drive to camp and sign Janie out.
That is just the first few pages of how the book started, it already has you guessing, right? I guessed all the way up until the last chapter. When I found out who the actual kidnappers were I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.
Mary Jane Clark is an amazing author and if you like suspense and mystery then this book is for you! ( )
  trishalynn0708 | Jun 17, 2010 |
I did not find the main character, the mother of the missing child remotely appealing or believable so I did not enjoy the book. The scenes with child were more gripping but the story has a surprise ending that was not completely a surprise. ( )
  alice443 | Aug 1, 2009 |
Child is kidnapped from summer camp along with her nanny. The women who appearded to have psyic powers in helping with the case was the guilty one ( )
  puttsplace | May 5, 2009 |
written by Mary Jane Clark; not Mary Higgins Clark

Eliza Blake, host of the top-rated KEY News morning show, has witnessed tragedy and danger in her career. But nothing the accomplished professional has experienced has prepared her for when her seven-year-old daughter, Janie, is snatched from summer camp. The country's viewers are glued to their television sets, anxiously awaiting the news that their favorite morning-television personality's little girl has been found.

With each passing day, the FBI and local authorities track down every lead: A profile of the kidnapper's most likely characteristics is developed, every fan letter written to Eliza over the last six months is scrutinized, every sex offender registered within a fifty-mile radius is interviewed, and psychics from around the country appear on Eliza's doorstep offering their help.

But Eliza isn't going to sit around and wait for answers. She and the rest of the Sunrise Suspense Society—brilliant producer Annabelle Murphy, cameraman extraordinaire B.J. D'Elia, and psychiatrist Dr. Margo Gonzalez—will band together to outwit a cunning criminal whose shocking motives threaten to snuff out a terrified little girl's life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:04 -0400)

Eliza Blake, host of the top-rated KEY News morning show, has witnessed tragedy and danger in her career. But nothing the accomplished professional has experienced has prepared her for when her seven-year-old daughter, Janie, is snatched from summer camp. She and the rest of the Sunrise Suspense Society--brilliant producer Annabelle Murphy, cameraman extraordinaire B.J. D'Elia, and psychiatrist Dr. Margo Gonzalez--will band together to outwit a cunning criminal whose shocking motives threaten to snuff out a terrified little girl's life.--From publisher description.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,382,083 books! | Top bar: Always visible