Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard

Hinds' Feet on High Places

by Hannah Hurnard

I enjoyed reading this book. It was relaxing and uplifting. Another great book I recently read is called, "The Power of a Virtuous Woman” by author Paula Penn-Nabrit. This a non-fiction book written for Christians, which explores Proverbs 31 and the issue of virtue for women with examples used from King David, Bathsheba and King Solomon. http://www.telosinc.org/ ( )
  LaurenSmith | Oct 24, 2012 |
we have 1997 edition
  Naushadwin | Apr 25, 2012 |
"Hind's Feet on High Places" is second only to Francine River's "Redeeming Love" in terms on mindless stupidity and sheer drivel.

In terms of Christian allegory--C.S. Lewis this is NOT! ( )
  FutureMrsJoshGroban | Nov 14, 2011 |
This allegory helps us know and believe the love that God has to us. The accompanying devotionals help us to read/live prayerfully. The book does help us "learn to dwell in His presence all day long" (Darien Cooper's intro).
  keithhamblen | Mar 28, 2011 |
Hinds' Feet in High Places by Hannah Hurnard is an Awesome book!! I enjoyed reading this book more than almost any other that I've read!! I love the way that Hurnard described Much Afraid's adventures to the high places! I look forward to reading more of her books and acquired more even before finishing this one. I can't say enough to really express how much I enjoyed and grew in my spiritual walk because of Hinds' Feet in High Places. ( )
2 vote FindingGrace | Dec 10, 2010 |

With over 2 million copies sold, Hinds’ Feet on High Places remains Hannah Hurnard’s best known and most beloved book: a timeless allegory dramatizing the yearning of God’s children to be led to new heights of love, joy, and victory. In this moving tale, follow Much-Afraid on her spiritual journey as she overcomes many dangers and mounts at last to the High Places. There she gains a new name and is transformed by her union with the loving Shepherd. Included in this special edition (February 2009 release) is Hannah Hurnard’s own account of the circumstances that led her to write Hinds’ Feet, and a brief autobiography. Special edition also features a new cover design.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:03 -0400)

Much-afraid is on her spiritual journey through difficult places with her two companions, Sorrow and Suffering.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,121,880 books! | Top bar: Always visible