Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard

Hinds' Feet on High Places (edition 1979)

by Hannah Hurnard

Member:Erkinai
Title:Hinds' Feet on High Places
Authors:Hannah Hurnard
Info:Living Books (1979), Edition: Living Books ed, Paperback, 320 pages

Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard

to get (105)

Hinds' Feet on High Places is an allegory dramatizing the journey each of us must take before we can live in "high places" The emotions & struggles of our fleshly nature are personified. The journey to overcome these is led by the shepherd king (Jesus) who gently instructs & guides us through what seems terrible, impossible difficulties. As we trust Him & continue to follow Him we begin to change until we finally offer ourselves & everything about ourselves to death with fearless surrender. Only then can we experience true loe with blissful abandonment by giving and giving and giving. ( )
  WaterMillChurch | Jun 18, 2019 |
I don't often read allegory and there were moments where I found this contrived; yet the sum of its story line was great. I liked the movement from the valley of humiliation through the desert to the high places. There is transformation along the way, but because the spiritual life is cruciform, there are things Much Afraid has to die to before she experiences fullness.

I also appreciated that this book isn't just a move up. The protagonist (a re-christened Much-Afraid) returns to the valley at the end with a new purpose and a new concern for her relatives. ( )
  Jamichuk | May 22, 2017 |
Very motivating..I felt the love of the Lord Almighty
and how all things are possible for us through Him.. ( )
  smiley0905 | Sep 3, 2015 |
The story of a young woman named Much Afraid, and her journey away from her Fearing family and into the High Places of the Shepherd, guided by her two companions Sorrow and Suffering. It is an allegory of a Christian devotional life from salvation through maturity. It aims to show how a Christian is transformed from unbeliever to immature believer to mature believer, who walks daily with God as easily on the High Places of Joy in the spirit as in the daily life of mundane and often humiliating tasks that may cause Christians to lose perspective.
  KunmingERC | Aug 9, 2015 |
A faith-journey of love with the Good Shepherd, somewhat based on the Song of Solomon. ( )
  chrislev | Feb 13, 2015 |

With over 2 million copies sold, Hinds’ Feet on High Places remains Hannah Hurnard’s best known and most beloved book: a timeless allegory dramatizing the yearning of God’s children to be led to new heights of love, joy, and victory. In this moving tale, follow Much-Afraid on her spiritual journey as she overcomes many dangers and mounts at last to the High Places. There she gains a new name and is transformed by her union with the loving Shepherd. Included in this special edition (February 2009 release) is Hannah Hurnard’s own account of the circumstances that led her to write Hinds’ Feet, and a brief autobiography. Special edition also features a new cover design.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:36 -0400)

With over 2 million copies sold, Hinds' Feet on High Placesremains Hannah Hurnard's best known and most beloved book: a timeless allegory dramatizing the yearning of God's children to be led to new heights of love, joy, and victory. In this moving tale, follow Much-Afraid on her spiritual journey as she overcomes many dangers and mounts at last to the High Places. There she gains a new name and is transformed by her union with the loving Shepherd. Included in this special edition (February 2009 release) is Hannah Hurnard's own account of the circumstances that led her to write Hinds' Feet, and a brief autobiography. Special edition also features a new cover design.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,280,152 books! | Top bar: Always visible