Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress: Tales of…

Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress: Tales of Growing Up Groovy and Clueless (edition 2005)

by Susan Jane Gilman

Member:MegAPow
Title:Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress: Tales of Growing Up Groovy and Clueless
Authors:Susan Jane Gilman
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2005), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 368 pages
Tags:autobiography, awkward

Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress by Susan Jane Gilman

Entertaining! I don't know what else to say...
I can't wait to read more of her books. ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
If you grew up in the 70s, this book is for you. So much fun to read. ( )
  CherieKephart | Aug 3, 2017 |
I quite enjoyed this, although it felt a bit disjointed towards the end: the last few chapters didn't flow on as closely from the previous ones, reading more like separate essays. There wasn't an essay on how she met her husband, for example. ( )
  Aula | Mar 7, 2016 |
This is my "desert island" book. If I had to keep only one book, this would be it. As Ms. Gilman describes her childhood and teenage years, it is laugh out loud funny. ALERT: 1. Do not read this book at any serious occasion 2. Be sure you have emptied your bladder before reading this book (After the teenage years, the descriptions are not as hilarious). ( )
  haikupatriot | Nov 18, 2015 |
This is a great book of essays about growing up girl. The author explores her childhood growing up in New York, the child of middle class liberals. If you want fiction in the same vein, go for [book:The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing]. ( )
  rfewell | Feb 5, 2014 |
For my family
When I was little, I was so girlie and ambitious, I was practically a drag queen.

A collection of true stories by everyday women follows such remembrances as coming of age as an unfashionable white girl in an all-Puerto Rican neighborhood, experiencing embarrassment in front of a rock star, and receiving horrible mistreatment by a "feminist" boss.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,234,363 books! | Top bar: Always visible