The Wallflower, Vol. 16 by Tomoko Hayakawa

The Wallflower, Vol. 16

by Tomoko Hayakawa

After successful attendance of her reunion Sunako decides to take it one step further with a impromptu trip to Harajuko to make up for the junior class trip she bailed on. Predictably trailed by her roomies, Sunako and Kyohei are decidedly unimpressed by the popular shopping district until they make a discovery that makes it all worth while...CREPES (and boy did those crepes sound goooood!) Further chapters bring on another personality switch for Kyohei after bumping heads with Ranmaru, a secret Valentine getaway that winds up being not so secret and Sunako's body building extravaganza.

As always, this was a fun and enjoyable read and the artwork continues to get better as it all goes along. I'm certainly hooked on this series which is surprising since I wasn't even sure I'd like it at the start.

As an aside, I did watch the first few episodes of the anime which was enjoyable although the voice actors (Japanese language) kind of surprised me. In particular I was startled by the manliness of Kyohei's voice, expecting something a little more teeny bopperish. If you're a fan of the manga I'd suggest checking out the anime, it's a lot of fun as well. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Sep 18, 2009 |

A LADY AT LAST?

The four hottest boys in Japan have just one goal: Turn the goth-girl Sunako into a true lady. And suddenly they’re making progress! First, Sunako ventures out on a shopping trip to one of Tokyo’s trendiest neighborhoods (very un-Sunako). Then she gets super-excited about Valentine’s Day (even more un-Sunako). Finally, when the landlady invites Sunako to a ball to meet a real prince, our gothic heroine goes on a crash diet (extremely un-Sunako). Is Sunako finally shedding her dark disposition?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:17 -0400)

The four hottest boys in Japan have just one goal: Turn the goth-girl Sunako into a true lady. And suddenly they're making progress First, Sunako ventures out on a shopping trip to one of Tokyo's trendiest neighborhoods (very un-Sunako). Then she gets super-excited about Valentine's Day (even more un-Sunako). Finally, when the landlady invites Sunako to a ball to meet a real prince, our gothic heroine goes on a crash diet (extremely un-Sunako). Is Sunako finally shedding her dark disposition?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,325,973 books! | Top bar: Always visible