You Can't Get There from Here by Ogden Nash

You Can't Get There from Here

by Ogden Nash

1282132,952 (4)8

What an enjoyable time spent reading this book. I'm pretty sure that about half of it was over my head, either due to my lack of education, or the fact that so much time has passed since they were written that some of the references had no meaning for me. However, the bits I got, I loved. That I've read many books from the era these were written in helped my understanding a lot. Some were quite relevant to today, such as his musing on the comedy writer and political correctness. He didn't use that term, but already in the 1950s the pinch was being felt. ( )
  MrsLee | Dec 1, 2017 |
Utterly hilarious American midcentury poetry, and the illustrations only make it better. That being said, Nash did know how to write a creepy poem as well; "The Buses Headed For Scranton" should not be read around Halloween by anyone with any kind of active imagination. ( )
  themythicalcodfish | Sep 7, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,166,113 books! | Top bar: Always visible