Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Measure for Measure (The World's Classics, the Oxford Shakespeare) (edition 1991)
Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare
Is contained in
Has the adaptation
Has as a study
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743484908, Mass Market Paperback)Folger Shakespeare Library
The world's leading center for Shakespeare studies
• Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
• Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
• Scene-by-scene plot summaries
• A key to famous lines and phrases
• An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
• An essay by leading Shakespeare scholar, Christy Desmet, providing a modern perspective on the play
• Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:08 -0400)
Features a duke who is so anxious about the decline in the moral quality of his subjects' lives that he temporarily removes himself from the government of his city-state and deputizes a member of his administration.
(summary from another edition)
An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.