The Revolution: A Manifesto by Ron Paul

The Revolution: A Manifesto

by Ron Paul

Recently added byjekier, 2012, rodhilton, psly, JACipriano, private library, DanielAlgara, waelrammo, stamp421

English (17)  Dutch (1)  All languages (18)
Finally! Someone who makes sense about politics, our economy and the role of the United States in the world. But I fear that we will only do something when reality comes crashing in on us. ( )
  KirkLowery | Mar 4, 2014 |
Review forthcoming. ( )
  publiusdb | Aug 22, 2013 |
The arguments Ron Paul espouses that I agree with are very basic and not revolutionary (eliminating the war on drugs and some of his war policies). Every other argument is steeped in archaic and out of context arguments from founding fathers to the Austrian economic movement of 1928. The book is a great getting-to-know Ron Paul book, but it is certainly not a proper manifesto, especially with all the history involved with the word, or an incitement to revolution (Paul wants to be elected in the regular way). ( )
  TJWilson | Mar 29, 2013 |
Ron Paul has been on the mark about the political climate in America for a long time. He predicted the result of the federal reserve interference causing a false economic boom that led to the housing bubble.
His views on our military interference overseas should not be ignored. The blowback caused by our policies and the expense to our budget. If we stopped the wars we could use that money towards our social security.
The media doesn't admit the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac policies, the bailouts or the role the federal reserve caused in all of this.

It's depressing the new chapter written in 2009 before the bulk of those bailouts even happened [or the bonuses that were given]. He really hit home that the bill didn't pass the first time around but once the lobbyists and bankers called it was passed. The voters didn't matter.
It's doubly sickening during the current election to read about the Iraq sanctions and that Iran was proven not to have a nuclear weapon. He predicted they'd come up with a reason anyway and they have.
Sanctions included.
We're still where we were in 2008.

He covers the drug wars, warrant-less wiretapping and other losses to our civil liberties.
How our forebears never intended for the federal government to have such reach in power.
Even if you don't agree with Ron Paul's ideas about the gold standard [or the story fed to you about the media] it's hard to argue that the federal reserve has messed with inflation and how the costs directly affect the poor who don't get the created money first.
If it's not possible to return to the gold standard we still need to audit the federal reserve.

Glenn Greenwald just wrote an op-ed for the Guardian about which US presidents committed the worst assaults to our civil liberties that I recommend reading.
Who is the worst civil liberties president in US history?Where do the abuses of the last decade from Bush and Obama rank when compared to prior assaults in the name of war? ( )
  peptastic | Nov 3, 2012 |
I selected Ron Paul's book mostly because I have found his views via the Presidential debates to be interesting and unique to him. Although this book was published in 2008, it very much reflects the Ron Paul we hear today. Clearly, he is controversial in many of his views. He supports ending foreign aid and eliminating our military presence in over 130 countries world wide. And he makes a solid case.
I do not believe Ron Paul is electable today. While I believe his views make total sense, they do not reflect the belief system of the majority of Americans.
All the same, I believe Paul is right and the majority of Americans are not. Our system of government operates in denial, and Americans are in denial. With 15+ Trillion in debts, our house has become a house of cards. But everywhere you hear that America is the strongest, the most free, the most prosperous nation on Earth. And Americans buy this like it was written in stone, like we are, let's be honest, infallible.. And if it were true, Ron Paul would indeed be a chicken little.
Out nation is on the brink of economic collapse. It's no longer a question of if, but when. Were that collapse to occur very soon, well, Ron Paul's chances of being elected would soar. I see that collapse as his only realistic opportunity to reach the Presidency. Once it arrives, I predict this book and others he has written will soar in popularity, and Paul may well become remembered for his great wisdom and foresight.
I'm not seeking or expecting most who read my words to jump on this wagon. It's not my purpose, and I am satisfied with my views without the need of a "congregation" to give them "substance". My real purpose is to encourage readers to give his words , and reasons, some serious thought.. They will in my opinion prove to be very prophetic.. We need a savior, but for some reason, we first need to have the huge crisis before we can realize we need a savior.
I just hope we can survive. ( )
3 vote Journey21 | Mar 16, 2012 |

This Much Is True: You Have Been Lied To.

The government is expanding.
Taxes are increasing.
More senseless wars are being planned.
Inflation is ballooning.
Our basic freedoms are disappearing.
The Founding Fathers didn't want any of this. In fact, they said so quite clearly in the Constitution of the United States of America. Unfortunately, that beautiful, ingenious, and revolutionary document is being ignored more and more in Washington. If we are to enjoy peace, freedom, and prosperity once again, we absolutely must return to the principles upon which America was founded. But finally, there is hope . . .

In THE REVOLUTION, Texas congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul has exposed the core truths behind everything threatening America, from the real reasons behind the collapse of the dollar and the looming financial crisis, to terrorism and the loss of our precious civil liberties. In this book, Ron Paul provides answers to questions that few even dare to ask.

Despite a media blackout, this septuagenarian physician-turned-congressman sparked a movement that has attracted a legion of young, dedicated, enthusiastic supporters . . . a phenomenon that has amazed veteran political observers and made more than one political rival envious. Candidates across America are already running as "Ron Paul Republicans."

"Dr. Paul cured my apathy," says a popular campaign sign. THE REVOLUTION may cure yours as well.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:57 -0400)

Congressman Ron Paul (TX-R)--presidential candidate, popular ideologue, debate favorite, and creator of one of the largest grassroots campaigns in history--sets forth his revolutionary manifesto and challenges America to make the tough changes needed to survive. Paul tackles everything from the false choices in American politics, to foreign policy as it was laid out by the founding fathers, to economic freedom, abortion, civil liberties, and personal responsibility.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,356,098 books! | Top bar: Always visible