Welcome Chaos by Kate Wilhelm

Welcome Chaos (original 1983; edition 1985)

by Kate Wilhelm

Member:rosemarybrown
Title:Welcome Chaos
Authors:Kate Wilhelm
Info:Berkley (1985), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages

Welcome Chaos by Kate Wilhelm (1983)

dark atmosphere. I don't remember very much of the story now in 2013. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
fascinating story, a tv show is coming out/is already out that sounds like it lifted this book's plot, a "Wolverine" vaccine that will either cure you or kill you and nations in a race to obtain it from its creators ( )
  EhEh | Apr 3, 2013 |
Love this book! A very well-written story, with beautiful descriptions of the Northwestern coast of the U.S. ( )
  pameladavis | Jul 29, 2011 |
When I was sixteen and traveling cross country, I stopped into a rummage shop and came away with this book. It's been one of the most random finds I've ever read.

It's really a very interesting book with a plot that is more philosophical than scifi. I found the characterization to be particularly vivid, and certain passages have stuck with me for years.

I don't quite agree with the way it ended. Things are wrapped up too tidily but are simultaneously too ill planned. Even as a teen, I remember closing the book with an air of, "That was a pretty rash action. It's lucky that everything worked out."

Still, I'd recommend this book to other readers for the groundwork and wordsmithing of the plot alone. ( )
  noneofthis | May 12, 2008 |
For Mary Ann, Jean, Maisie, and Kitty, with love.

When Lyle Taney took leave from her teaching job to live high in the mountains, researching the ways of eagles, she was just planning to write her next book. Lasater was an unscrupulous, skilled operative who thought he could maneuver her as he pleased. When the obscure government agent from an anonymous department tried to force Lyle to spy on her mysterious neighbors, she resisted. But the first step had been taken, involving her in a life-and-death struggle.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,297,482 books! | Top bar: Always visible