Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Rama revealed by Arthur C. Clarke

Rama revealed (original 1993; edition 1995)

by Arthur C. Clarke

Member:GVassmer
Title:Rama revealed
Authors:Arthur C. Clarke
Info:New York : Bantam, 1995.
Tags:SFF

Rama Revealed by Arthur C. Clarke (1993)

Good finale for the series. Better then book 3. My main complaint was the length. I was ready to finish before the book was. I almost quit the series after the "Garden of Rama" but this book was kept my interest.

The best take-away of the entire series is that we are not the biggest, best nor the most intelligent beings in existence. We are mostly small and stupid and may eventually rely on the tolerance of those who are better. I other words, "humans need to park their egos". ( )
  ikeman100 | Nov 24, 2018 |
It was a struggle to stick with this book, but I wanted to see how the story turned out. The series was disappointing. The last book was especially so. ( )
  ajlewis2 | Jul 11, 2018 |
Jeez, what a long book. And like many books of its size, it vacillated between "well, that's interesting" and "must force myself to finish". Yet, even the interesting parts were diminished by the preachy morality play. I repeat an earlier observance: men should not presume to write a story from a woman's perspective. At least not men hamstrung by pulp stereotyping. ( )
  Razinha | May 23, 2017 |
5 ( )
  ronchan | Nov 14, 2016 |
This is not a good ending to an otherwise interesting series. The writing is flat, and the great Reveal is very disappointing. This a long way from the initial novel, and a good way below it. ( )
  DinadansFriend | Sep 18, 2013 |
Only readers who are genuinely curious about the nature of the Rama enterprise and the mysterious intelligences behind it will find reason to struggle through this inert narrative.
added by stephmo | editNew York Times, Gerald Jonas (Mar 14, 1994)

Arthur C. Clarkeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lee, Gentrymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Cipriano, EllenDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Corley, BobCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Youll, Jamie S. WarrenCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Youll, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Made it through book four.
So, now I know the secret.
Forty-two it ain't.
(osbaldistone)

On its mysterious voyage through interstellar space, a massive alien starship carries its human passengers to the end of a generations-long odyssey. But the great experiment designed by the Ramans has failed, and Rama III has become a battleground. Fleeing a tyrant, a band of humans ventures into the nether regions of the ship, where they encounter an emerald-doomed lair ruled by the fabulously advanced octospiders. As the octospiders lure the humans deeper into their domain, the humans must decide whether the creatures are their allies of enemies. All the while, Rama III continues its inexplorable journey towards the node, where the climax of their voyage awaits the stunning revelation of the true identity of the beings behind this glittering trek across the cosmos.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:23 -0400)

A massive alien starship carries its human passengers to the end of their generations-long odyssey and toward an epic confrontation with the mysterious Ramans.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,452,321 books! | Top bar: Always visible