The Edge of Desire by Stephanie Laurens

I adore this series!! Stephanie Laurens is a master at the Alpha Rake!! I love the men pursuing their ladies!!

What a great story! I laughed and cried many times! Such wonderful writing and really engaging characters!! I love this authors work!!

I adore this whole series and can not wait to see each man get his lady. It is a bit formula with the alpha male who is often chased finding a lady he wants and being forced to pursue her. But formula works that why we love it!

Each book has an add but of intrigue that draws you in. And Stephanie Laurens knows how to deliver the steam!!

I am currently on a Regency kick and this one was terrific!! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
TBR
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
The Bastion Club is a series of romances revolving around aristocratic men who served in the special services during the Napoleonic wars and have returned to their "normal" lives and are settling down to love and marriage. This is the seventh installment and centers on Christian Allardyce, the 6th Marquess of Dearne and his lost love Lady Letitia Vaux Randall.
Letitia's husband George Randall is murdered and her brother Justin is the prime suspect, so She sends to her former lover for assistance in clearing his name. They haven't been together for 12 years but the sparks are still there and Christian is determined to discover not only the murderer but the reason why Lady Randall married her husband in the first place.
What surprised me about this book is that normally Ms Laurens writes a romance with a bit of intrigue, but this book has a full-blown mystery which she leads you through along with the characters, revealing the clues to you at the same time as the characters receive them. The reader searches at the same pace as Christian and Letitia not just for love and forgiveness but for resolution of the problem that keep them apart.
However, I do feel that Ms Laurens, in this book, seems to be stretching out the love scenes a bit too long. They are as steamy and sensuous as always, but drag in certain places. That doesn't mean that I'm not reading them, I am.
Can’t wait for the last of this series. ( )
3 vote cyderry | Aug 22, 2009 |
Number 7 of the Bastion Club. When Lady Letitia Randall sends word to Christian, Lord Dearne, he knows that she must have nowhere else to turn. They enjoyed a passionate young love, until he went away to serve his country and she married someone else. Now, as they try to clear her brother's name in the murder of her husband, they find that their love never died. Alright, though a little formulaic and slightly too long. ( )
  Elishibai | Nov 29, 2008 |
This seventh book in the Bastion Club series is not really up to the type of writing that Laurens is capable of. Her plots now seem to take on the same style with the heroine being kidnapped at the end and the hero rushing in to save her.
While there has been criticisms that there is too much sex in this book, that is typical of Laurens. I have to say that, in my opinion she writes very inventive while lengthy sex scenes. Sometimes I just skip over parts of them.

The end of this book finally gives us the identity of Dalziel, who has been the commander of the spies who make up the Bastion Club. I will look forward to his story and hope that it comes up to Laurens ability to write an intriguing and fresh story. ( )
  pmpayne | Sep 12, 2008 |

Stephanie Laurensprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Crossley, StevenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
He should make her wait.

A Beautiful Woman he must never
Possess. A Primal Hunger that must be
Fed. . .

Sheriff Riley Buchanan is a good
man…but a man possessed. Plagued by
vicious and uncontrollable impulses, he
lives in fear of surrendering to real love.
Even after years apart, he still craves one
woman, Hope Summers, above all others,
and will do anything to protect her from
harm—even tempt fate.

Hope is a woman with her own secrets. For
months she has eluded her abusive ex-
husband, a ruthless creature who won’t rest
until Hope and her kind are destroyed.
Hope’s fantasies are still haunted by Riley,
the one man who might help her, and the
man whose searing touch she cannot
forget. But surrendering to their long-
denied passion could mean the destruction
of everything they hold dear…

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061246360, Mass Market Paperback)

They proved their bravery fighting for His Majesty's Secret Service and were rewarded with brides of great beauty and breeding. But one member of the Bastion Club has remained a bachelor . . . until now.

"Christian, I need your help. There is no one else I can turn to . . . L."

When Christian Allardyce, 6th Marquess of Dearne, reads those words, his world turns upside down. Lady Letitia Randall is a woman like no other, and the day he left her behind to fight for king and country was the most difficult of his life. He never forgot the feel of her lips against his, but never expects to see her again. Yet now she seeks his help, and Christian knows he will not resist her plea.

Letitia believes that Christian abandoned her when she needed him most, and she hates to call on his aid. But to clear her brother's name, she has sworn to use every weapon at her command, even if it means seducing her ex-lover. Yet all the while, Christian is waging a war of his own—a campaign of pure pleasure and sweet revenge that will take them both beyond the edge of desire.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:47 -0400)

Christian Allardyce, sixth Marquess of Dearne, is reunited with the woman he had left behind to fight for his country when Lady Letitia Randall enlists his help in clearing her brother's name.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,329,016 books! | Top bar: Always visible