HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Faefever: The Fever Series by Karen Marie…
Loading...

Faefever: The Fever Series (edition 2009)

by Karen Marie Moning

Series: Fever (3)

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
1,704844,175 (4.2)54
Member:dabug
Title:Faefever: The Fever Series
Authors:Karen Marie Moning
Info:Dell (2009), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Kindle, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:urban fantasy, Kindle, e-book, fae

Work details

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

Recently added byprivate library, aczkh, CC123, IvieHill, BBleil, dbolahood, carad78, PrettyNerdie
None
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 54 mentions

English (83)  Italian (1)  All languages (84)
Showing 1-5 of 83 (next | show all)
So this book has plenty of twists and turns and a lot of frustration. Not only do cataclysmic things happen with a muted type of involvement but there was still no romance really budding between Barrons and Mac. Actually by the end of this book I think I am ready to write off Vlane and Barrons because they both seem to be traitors of the worst kind and users. It's like the Eurythmics song. At any rate. So Mac not only gets attacked by her own but commits murder lets someone else eat Unseelie keeps secrets bargains with the devil makes progress on finding the one thing her sister asked of her before being murdered doesn't make progress really on getting vengeance drives Barrons further away and vice versa and makes a monumental cliffhanging mistake. For the life of me I can't actually believe all that happened in this very short book. Not only was it all packed into a small frame but it happened back to back and by the time I actually had got my mind to stop reeling it was on to the next event. I must say that the witty girl Mac who started this book almost didn't seem to be visible in this one at all as that version anyway. Still because I have invested my time for reading these I will continue and hope to not have to wait an eternity for the last one. ( )
  jessica_reads | Mar 24, 2015 |
This series is so addictive! Love it! Loved this book. ( )
  xKhuloodx | Mar 9, 2015 |
Eu sabia de antemão que ia sofrer no final deste livro, estava mais que avisada. Quando quase todas as opiniões que lemos começam por "O QUE É QUE ACONTECEU AQUI?!" ou "QUE FINAL FOI ESTE?" sabemos que devemos estar preparados para sofrer. Mesmo assim nada, durante dois terços do livro indicam o que vai acontecer. Ou melhor (e é nisto que eu vejo o brilhantismo de uma autora que planeou a história antes de a escrever) há indícios mas, quando a merda acontece, já é tarde demais. E como leitora fui surpreendida. Este é uma história que é uma autêntica montanha-russa de emoções negras e pesadas.
A Mackayla nunca esteve tão bem como agora. Acho que ela está mesmo no ponto: mais preparada, mais destemida, em que consegue negociar e manipular as várias partes que a tentam manipular e usar, sem ceder demasiado. A Mac está do lado da Mac e de mais ninguém. Adoro-a e detesto-a. Aliás, eu adoro-a. Há muitos momentos neste livro (nos anteriores também) em que percebemos o quanto ela está sozinha e se sente sozinha. Mais do que a dor da morte da irmã é ter de lidar com toda uma realidade e não ter mais ninguém em quem confiar. E nas suas horas mais solitárias somos nós que estamos ali com ela mas não podemos, infelizmente, conforta-la.
O livro dá uma grande reviravolta no fim, passando de uma simples fantasia urbana a uma distopia, depois de um certo acontecimento de proporções apocalípticas. Mac, Dublin e o mundo: nada fica a salvo do que acontece.
Adoro a forma como Dublin é retratado nestes livros. Dublin não é apenas paisagem de fundo para enfeitar uma história. Dublin é ela própria um personagem que determina o tom, o ambiente, que se agita e sofre através dos seus habitantes. Há todo um parágrafo que resume perfeitamente tudo aquilo que esta história é, na sua essência:

And I had a startling realization: I loved this city.
Even swimming as she was with monsters, deluged by crime, tainted by the violence of the Sinsar Dubh, I loved Dublin. Had Alina felt this way? Terrified of what might come, but more alive that she'd ever been?
And more alone.


Tenho curiosidade e terror em saber o que vai acontecer a seguir a este livro. Será o próximo ainda mais dark? Conseguirei sobreviver como leitora a tanta dor e suspense? Uma coisa é certa: Faefever foi o melhor dos três que li da saga até agora. Se há alguém que quer saber o que é ler uma fantasia urbana, esta é uma boa série para perceber isso mesmo. ( )
  tchetcha | Jan 15, 2015 |
So this book has plenty of twists and turns and a lot of frustration. Not only do cataclysmic things happen with a muted type of involvement but there was still no romance really budding between Barrons and Mac. Actually by the end of this book I think I am ready to write off Vlane and Barrons because they both seem to be traitors of the worst kind and users. It's like the Eurythmics song. At any rate. So Mac not only gets attacked by her own but commits murder lets someone else eat Unseelie keeps secrets bargains with the devil makes progress on finding the one thing her sister asked of her before being murdered doesn't make progress really on getting vengeance drives Barrons further away and vice versa and makes a monumental cliffhanging mistake. For the life of me I can't actually believe all that happened in this very short book. Not only was it all packed into a small frame but it happened back to back and by the time I actually had got my mind to stop reeling it was on to the next event. I must say that the witty girl Mac who started this book almost didn't seem to be visible in this one at all as that version anyway. Still because I have invested my time for reading these I will continue and hope to not have to wait an eternity for the last one. ( )
  jesssika | Sep 9, 2014 |
AMAZING! Totally worth the 5 star rating. What was that ending?! I'm almost half way through Dreamfever because I just couldn't wait to find out what would happen to Mac and everybody next. Great story telling, great plot, great sexual tension between Mac and Barrons. I started really liking Barron when I read Bloodfever, but after I ended this one I'm right with Dani: I want to give my virginity to him. Or just throw him in bed, since the virginity thing isn't quite possible anymore. ^^

Aaaanyway, if you think that this series isn't worth your time, hold that thought right there! The first book may have been a little slow going, but things definitely picks up by the second book and become virtually unstoppable by the third. A tip: if you begin to read this one, make sure you already have the next to in hand. You just won't be able to wait for them. :) ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
Showing 1-5 of 83 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
“And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.”
—T. S. Eliot,The Waste Land
“Do not go gentle into that good night . . .
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.”
—Dylan Thomas
Dedication
This one's for the Moning Maniacs -- the best fans any writer ever had.
First words
I keep expecting to wake up and find it was all a bad dream.
I'd die for him.
Quotations
Last words
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

Book description
Haiku summary

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440244390, Mass Market Paperback)

New York Times bestseller

He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too.
 
When MacKayla Lane receives a page torn from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil that it corrupts anyone who touches it.

Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shapeshifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, a lethal Fae prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man of deadly secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:49 -0400)

(see all 4 descriptions)

He calls me his Queen of the Night. I'd die for him. I'd kill for him, too. When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister's journal, she is stunned by Alina's desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister's killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge.… (more)

(summary from another edition)

» see all 8 descriptions

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
7 avail.
174 wanted
5 pay8 pay

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (4.2)
0.5 4
1 6
1.5
2 14
2.5 10
3 79
3.5 25
4 236
4.5 45
5 286

Audible.com

2 editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

See editions

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,007,649 books! | Top bar: Always visible