Faefever: The Fever Series by Karen Marie…

Faefever: The Fever Series (edition 2009)

by Karen Marie Moning

Collections:Kindle, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:urban fantasy, Kindle, e-book, fae

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

English (80)  Italian (1)  All languages (81)
AMAZING! Totally worth the 5 star rating. What was that ending?! I'm almost half way through Dreamfever because I just couldn't wait to find out what would happen to Mac and everybody next. Great story telling, great plot, great sexual tension between Mac and Barrons. I started really liking Barron when I read Bloodfever, but after I ended this one I'm right with Dani: I want to give my virginity to him. Or just throw him in bed, since the virginity thing isn't quite possible anymore. ^^

Aaaanyway, if you think that this series isn't worth your time, hold that thought right there! The first book may have been a little slow going, but things definitely picks up by the second book and become virtually unstoppable by the third. A tip: if you begin to read this one, make sure you already have the next to in hand. You just won't be able to wait for them. :) ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
Really liked this installment. Karen is amazing!! Just started the Dreamfever. Can't wait to see what happens! ( )
  piper0820 | Jun 8, 2014 |
Love this series! The main character is delightful, and the "love interests" are entertaining and mysterious. On to the next! ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
ORIGINALLY POSTED AT Fantasy Literature.

I’ve already apologized for misjudging Karen Marie Moning’s Fever books; but I feel the need to do it again because I still keep expecting this series to jump the shark, and it refuses to even put on the skis!

Mac continues to develop, becoming stronger, more mature, and more admirable as she deals with tough situations, yet still retaining the pink debutante personality that made her so endearing at the start of Darkfever.

In Faefever, we learn more about the Seelie and Unseelie courts, Rowena and the other sidhe-seers in Dublin, and the Scotsman Christian MacKeltar (who has some special powers of his own). We can start to develop theories about how all of these characters fit into this world, but so far Moning is keeping us guessing and we’re not really sure who Mac can trust.

This kind of anxiety (along with a lot of sexual tension) makes the pages turn fast — all the way to the dramatic ending. The last line of the book made me gasp out loud and break out in goosebumps. I was listening to Faefever on audio (Brilliance Audio) and I think Joyce Bean’s narration made it even more chilling. The final scene was so disturbing that Ms. Moning felt the need to leave her readers a mollifying note at the end of the text. By the time you get there, you’ll definitely want to make sure you’re armed with lots of flashlights, extra batteries, and the next book in the Fever series: Dreamfever. ( )
  Kat_Hooper | Apr 6, 2014 |
...

Barrons?! V'Lane?!

I have never not been able to choose before!

That ending, though! Damn, I have to wait for the next from the library. >:/ ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
“And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.”
—T. S. Eliot,The Waste Land
“Do not go gentle into that good night . . .
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.”
—Dylan Thomas
This one's for the Moning Maniacs -- the best fans any writer ever had.
I keep expecting to wake up and find it was all a bad dream.
I'd die for him.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440244390, Mass Market Paperback)

New York Times bestseller

He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too.

When MacKayla Lane receives a page torn from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil that it corrupts anyone who touches it.

Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shapeshifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, a lethal Fae prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man of deadly secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:15 -0400)

He calls me his Queen of the Night. I'd die for him. I'd kill for him, too. When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister's journal, she is stunned by Alina's desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister's killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,097,758 books! | Top bar: Always visible