Faefever: The Fever Series by Karen Marie…

Faefever: The Fever Series (edition 2009)

by Karen Marie Moning

Collections:Kindle, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:urban fantasy, Kindle, e-book, fae

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

English (99)  Italian (1)  All languages (100)
This one was my favorite so far. I thought that I would finish this book last night and go to sleep a little early. However, my plan failed because the ending was just so good and unexpected (maybe I'm naive and I should have seen it coming, but I didn't), and so I had to start the next one and I got halfway through it before I called it a night. ( )
  Ahtoosa | Aug 29, 2016 |
"5 out of 5 stars!! Plenty of twists and turns to keep your attention! For the ending, all I can really say is: WOW! I just can’t believe it went there, and I can’t wait to see what will happen to Mac next!"

Read more of this review here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/03/love-of-two-is-one-here-but-no... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Aug 16, 2016 |

fromjesstoyou | Jul 14, 2016 |
4.5 ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
Faefever
3 Stars

Narration: The first hour was difficult to listen to due to the poor audio quality - there seemed to be some weird echo. Thankfully this eventually stopped (or maybe I got used to it).

Unfortunately, my dislike of Mac has not abated and her vapid outlook on life is getting on my last nerve. She constantly rambles on inanely about every idiotic thought that runs through her head. As a result, the story drags on and on and the important developments are nearly lost is her incessant chatter.

There is too much repetition of events from previous books and the lead up to the Halloween showdown is too drawn out. Finally, the ending seriously pisses me off - not because I particularly care about what happens to Mac but because rape in any shape or form is simply an unacceptable plot device. The fact that Mac apparently enjoys what happens to her just adds insult to injury.

The interaction between V'lane and Mac also bothers me no end. While I understand V'lane's behavior within the context of his characterization as a sex fae and I have no problem with his actions or motivation, Mac's constant sexual responses with no basis in emotion (as involuntary as they may be) are irritating. For me, sex is connected to emotion and every time she has a spontaneous orgasm, it makes my skin crawl.

There are, nevertheless, one or two saving graces. The fae apocalypse plot is compelling and the links to Moning's Highlander series make me smile. Moreover, the mystery surrounding Barrons' identity is absorbing. and I desperately want to know who he is. For these reasons, as well as the fact that I want to listen to Dreamfever so I can hear Phil Gigante's voice and understand what everyone is raving about, mean that I will continue with the series. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Jun 1, 2016 |
“And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.”
—T. S. Eliot,The Waste Land
“Do not go gentle into that good night . . .
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.”
—Dylan Thomas
This one's for the Moning Maniacs -- the best fans any writer ever had.
I keep expecting to wake up and find it was all a bad dream.
I'd die for him.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440244390, Mass Market Paperback)

New York Times bestseller

He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too.

When MacKayla Lane receives a page torn from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil that it corrupts anyone who touches it.

Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shapeshifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, a lethal Fae prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man of deadly secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:49 -0400)

He calls me his Queen of the Night. I'd die for him. I'd kill for him, too. When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister's journal, she is stunned by Alina's desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister's killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,132,858 books! | Top bar: Always visible