Ten in the Bed by Penny Dale

Ten in the Bed

by Penny Dale

Not my favorite rhyme or story but my five month old loves to be sung to so he gets very quiet and really enjoys this one. Also a good signing book for animals and numbers and the rhyme in general (which is part of the signing class we've taken). ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Penny Dale’s cozy take on a favorite nursery rhyme takes on new charm in a board book edition with an appealing new cover.

"There were ten in the bed and the little one said, 'Roll over, roll over!'
So they all rolled over and Hedgehog fell out. . . ."

One by one, nine friends roll over and fall out of a boy’s bed with a bang, a thump, or a plop until . . . "I’m cold! I miss you!" the boy says, and back in the bed they all go. In a sturdy board book begging many repeat readings, Penny Dale’s popular rendition of this childhood song is as warm and toasty as a feather bed (amazon).
  AmyStepaniuk | Sep 26, 2015 |
Beautiful artwork. My children loved me reading this aloud to them (especially with the sounds of when the animals rolled out of bed onto the floor).
1 vote Bettyest | Jun 15, 2012 |
Good book to discuss nonsense words. Repetitive, so it can be good for beginning readers to gain confidence ( )
1 vote carriedold | Aug 6, 2010 |
Absolutely adorable! You can read it or sing it (if you know the children's ditty). Twenty years old and it still pleases children in library readings or at home. ( )
1 vote Morddel | Sep 27, 2009 |

Children absolutely love it! Sure to be one of your child's favorites.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:12 -0400)

Nine stuffed animals roll out of a young child's bed, one by one, then jump back into bed with the child and fall fast asleep.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,866,130 books! | Top bar: Always visible