The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the…

The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart Of God (edition 2001)

by Brent Curtis (Author), John Eldredge (Author)

Member:JFDausman
Title:The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart Of God
Authors:Brent Curtis (Author)
Other authors:John Eldredge (Author)
Info:Thomas Nelson (2001), Hardcover, 228 pages
Collections:Your library, CSLewisFellows

The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God by Brent Curtis

Rated: B-
This book awakened me to how passionately GOd seeks a love relationship with me. For me, I saw God as all-knowing -- pure wisdom. He is more. His essense is love -- a passionate love. ( )
  jmcdbooks | Jan 28, 2013 |
John Eldridge
  DreamingTikay | Jun 8, 2012 |
My biggest insight reading this book is that I have to be willing to give up all my carefully orchestrated plans for "happiness" and trust that God's plan for me, though different perhaps from my plan, will still lead me to happiness - maybe even happiness beyond what I thought I wanted. Ultimately to have a relationship with God, one must be willing to trust Him implicitly. Lots of good stuff about why God loves us and what we're doing here on this earth anyway. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Oct 2, 2007 |
I've tried about five times to read this book...nope, still can't. ( )
  rybeewoods | Jan 10, 2007 |

Curtis, Brentprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eldredge, Johnmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0785273425, Paperback)

In The Sacred Romance, authors Brent Curtis and John Eldredge inspire readers to enter into the greatest romance of all time--one with God. Many Christians have tried to satiate the hunger of their hearts by substituting the love of God with things from this world. Since "our heart is the key to the Christian life," this often leads to spiritual stagnation and unhappiness, while God, the "Great Lover," attempts to lavishly adorn us with His perfect love. Doubting God's goodness coupled with fear of trusting Him blind the believer and prevent him from being wooed by God into a rich relationship. Life can soon become empty, cold, and worthless. Through personal narrative, Curtis and Eldredge take turns convincing the reader not only that God is good, but that recklessly abandoning oneself to Him results in a fulfilling life of abundance and awe. In this portrayal of God's character, the obvious error lies in believing that He could need anything from His creatures, or that He could be "hurt" by their unrequited love. On the whole, however, this is a call to a more passionate relationship with the lover of our souls. A follow-up book, The Journey of Desire, was written by John Eldredge after Brent Curtis's tragic death. --Jill Heatherly

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:27 -0400)

In the heart of every person lies an inconsolable longing. Men often know it as the hunger for adventure. Women tend to feel it as a thirst for intimacy. This longing is the secret of our lives. It tells us who we are, what our life was meant to be. If you have ever felt those deep yearnings, we have some really good news: this is what the Gospel truly offers. Life is more than chores and Christianity is more than duty. It is a Sacred Romance -a great love story set in the midst of a life and death battle.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,801,915 books! | Top bar: Always visible