A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever by…

A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever (2008)

by Marla Frazee

Summer (12)

Fun story. I wish I'd had an experience like this as a child. Loved the interplay between the text and illustrations. It provided depth to the story and made it interesting. ( )
  EMiMIB | Jul 14, 2019 |
This is a fun little story about two boy who attend nature camp, but end up finding fun in everything but the nature camp. This book can be used to teach about Antarctica. ( )
  JenniferSprinkle | Jul 10, 2019 |
This book is about James and Eamon. They visit Bill and Pam's house where they find their love for nature! Though most of the story is ironic and about staying inside, at the end of the book, the boys finally understand what is so special about nature.
  Madelynnvallejo | Nov 26, 2018 |
This book is about two boys who go away from home for a week to go to a nature camp. This book talks about the different things that they did.
  Rebecalynn | Apr 11, 2018 |
James and Eamon spend a week of their summer at Eamon's grandparents' house at the beach. Eamon's grandpa has excursions planned for all week, but the boys have a different plan. They spend half of the week inside playing video games and watching tv. They stuff their mouths with biscuits and waffles made by grandma. at the end of the week they realize they haven't done anything nature- related in their "fun nature summer camp" and decide to surprise grandpa with little penguin figurines they made with mussels and rocks. Honestly, not my favorite book. I think kids would find the humor hilarious, but I personally don't like how it encourages kids to waste their time inside with technology when they are on vacation. The ilustrations are really nice and I see why it was nominated for a Caldecott Award, but the message throughout the book I didn't like. ( )
  MonikaNicole | Feb 8, 2018 |

Curriculum Connection:  AASL Std. 4 Pursue personal and aesthetic growth.

4.1.1 Read, view, and listen for pleasure and personal growth.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152060200, Hardcover)

When James and Eamon go to a week of Nature Camp and stay at Eamon's grandparents' house, it turns out that their free time spent staying inside, eating waffles, and playing video games is way more interesting than nature. But sometimes things work out best when they don't go exactly as planned.

This Caldecott Honor-winning book is a moving and hilarious celebration of young boys, childhood friendships, and the power of the imagination, where Marla Frazee captures the very essence of summer vacation and what it means to be a kid.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:12 -0400)

Friends James and Eamon enjoy a wonderful week at the home of Eamon's grandparents during summer vacation.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,307,954 books! | Top bar: Always visible