Working Effectively with Legacy Code by…

Working Effectively with Legacy Code

by Michael Feathers

A very detailed manual on how to stop worrying and to get your code under tests. It should say "don't panic" on the cover. It really covers a lot of techniques with their drawbacks and benefits. I can imagine referring back to this book as a reference in hard cases. I did not fully internalize all the methods yet, but what I read in this book is already helping me daily and keeping me more confident about my code as a result. ( )
  valdanylchuk | Aug 26, 2015 |
Great book, but get's kinda tedoius. Abstract interface, abstract implementation, so on and so on. However, I consider it to be a must read for programmers who don't work at startups (ie inevitably deal w/ legacy code). ( )
  sangahn | Aug 20, 2009 |
This book provides some great insight into writing testable code even if you are not dealing with a "legacy" code base. His style is great and it really is an interesting and comfortable read. ( )
  mgholls | Oct 30, 2008 |
For Ann, Deborah, and Ryan, the bright centers of my life. —Michael

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,877,120 books! | Top bar: Always visible