Joan of Arc (DK Biography)

by Kathleen V. Kudlinski

Series: DK Biography

201298,111 (4.07)None
A look at the young peasant woman who led the French army to victory over the English and saw the crowning of the French king, and later was made a saint.

jB
  OakGrove-KFA | Mar 28, 2020 |
Joan of Arc is a photographic biography of the Maid of New Orleans. It follows her story from when she was just a farmer’s daughter to her hearing God’s voice and becoming an influential part of driving out the English army and crowning the rightful king of France, before leading up to her eventual death by being burned at the stake.
I enjoyed reading this book, because while it is a subject we all learned about in school, I hadn’t really read into it as much. This book did a good job of giving explanations in simple ways for children to understand, and had a wide variety of pictures to help carry the meanings of what some of the passages were talking about.
Extension Ideas:
1) I can have students read this book then work on a worksheet regarding the life of Joan of Arc.
2) We can have a classroom discussion about whether or not students thought they could be capable of such bravery at such a young age and write our answers down in journal entries.
1 vote GSoto95 | Apr 15, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,765,374 books! | Top bar: Always visible