Living with the Dead by Kelley Armstrong

Living with the Dead

by Kelley Armstrong

1 ( )
  PhotoS | Feb 17, 2014 |
This was a fantastic twist in the Otherworld series. Humans thrown into the fray made the book an even more compelling read than usual. I felt really connected to Robyn and loved the different paranormal characters trying to keep her alive. ( )
  RebeccaClareSmith | Jan 24, 2014 |
3.5*s. Not my favorite in the series but still a decent enough read. There are a lot of different POV in this one and with the short chapters I felt like it was the literary equivalent of shaky-cam. Hope & Karl have never been my favorite couple in this world and having so many other people tell the story didn't help me get any closer to them. The insider look at the cult was appropriately horrifying and creepy. There were some changes and reveals at the end that make me more interested in the next in the series as well. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
I'm pretty sure this is a bridge novel. Just something between two story arcs to make sure all the characters get page time. ( )
  lesmel | Jun 3, 2013 |
Amazon preorder
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
To call Portia Kane a waste of space was being charitable.
And no matter how strongly she believed in the innate goodness of mankind, eventually she'd noticed the "kick me" sticker on her butt, ripped it off and vowed never to let anyone replace it.
What am I? Let's just say I won't fetch a stick for you. I won't beg for treats. And, no matter how nicely you ask, I will not roll over and play dead. (Karl)
Are you kidding? I'm the ward of two well-educated, cultured individuals. I read the New Yorker, Harper's, and sometimes National Geographic, but only for the half-naked guys.

bn.com- Smart, sexy, and supernatural—the men and women of the Otherworld live unseen among us. For the most part, mere mortals never suspect their existence—and that’s the way they want it. But now a reckless killer has torn down the wall between our worlds, trapping one very vulnerable, and very mortal, woman in the supernatural cross fire.

Robyn Peltier moved to Los Angeles shortly after her young husband’s sudden and unexpected death. Her hope was that her hectic new life as the PR consultant to a spoiled celebutante would provide a distraction from her grief. But when her client is murdered, Robyn finds herself on the run as the prime suspect. And as more bodies pile up around her, it seems only her friend, tabloid journalist Hope Adams, is on her side.

But Hope and her somewhat spooky boyfriend Karl know it’s just a matter of time before Robyn is caught. For she’s gotten herself in the middle of a turf war between two Otherworld races who’ll spill any amount of blood—human and inhuman—to protect what they consider theirs for eternity. And the only way Hope can save her friend is by letting her enter a world she’s safer knowing nothing about.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553588540, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:29 -0400)

They're smart, sexy, and supernatural. They're the men and women of the Otherworld--a realm of witches, ghosts, and werewolves who live unseen among us. Only now a reckless killer has torn down the wall, trapping one very human woman in the supernatural cross fire.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,476,475 books! | Top bar: Always visible