My Teacher's in Big Trouble: Kids'…

My Teacher's in Big Trouble: Kids' Favorite Funny School Poems

by Bruce Lansky

Summery:
This is a great compilation of poems all about school and what goes on during school!

Personal Reaction:
I really liked this book, I laughed out loud at some of the poems! I really liked the illustrations that went along with the poems!

Classroom Extension:
Read the poem about classroom procedures and as a class come up with classroom procedures and expectations.
Make a list of the classes favorite poems and read one at the end of the day. (if the schedule allows.)
  MaryKateCollins | Nov 20, 2013 |
Summary:This is a compilation of poems. They are all school related and very funny. They are basically all short and some would even make great posters.

Personal Reflection: I really liked this book. It would be very fun to read some of the poems out loud to a class to get them more interested in poetry.

Classroom Extensions:
1. This would be great to use to open a section on poetry. The poems in this book would be great examples.
2. These poems would be great to relieve students of stress just before or after a big test or crucial moment in the year.

***Poetry***
  TaylorSchettler | Nov 19, 2013 |
Summary:
My Teacher’s in Big Trouble is a book full of poems, written for children. To name a same, I chose “My Teacher Loves Her IPod written by Bruce Lansky himself. This poem talks about a teacher who loves listening to her Ipod. The students notice that when she is listing to her Ipod, she can careless about what is going on around her. One day the principle came and the teacher did not notice him, so he took her to detention.
Another poem I liked is “Looking for Poems” written by Kathy Kenney-Marshall. This poem talks about a little boy who was challenged by his teacher to write a poem. He looks everywhere to try and find one until he realizes that the poem he had been looking for was in his head a long.

Personal Reaction:
Kids get in trouble so much they will think the first poem is funny because a teacher got in trouble. The second poem is perfect for showing students that poetry simply comes from within. The entire book of poems has a theme of school, students and teachers. Kids will certainly be able to relate to these poems because in the poetry are real issues that the kids deal with on a daily basis. The book renders answers to unspoken questions in a humorous way. The book is a keeper!

Extension Ideas:

1.Challenge each student to write a poem about what every they want using what every style if any.

2.Each student will be challenged to create a concrete poem, illustrating the poem’s subject as a picture on the subject of their choice.
  CharityWilliams | Nov 15, 2013 |
Summary: There are two specific poems that caught my attention. One was called "Ooh! Ooh! I Know" and the other was "My Teacher Sees Right Through me". "Ooh! Ooh! I Know" was a poem about a kid who really wanted to answer questions and by the time he was finally called on he didn't hear the question. "My teacher sees right through me" was a poem about a student trying so many excuses on why he didn't do his homework but his teacher was his dad. This book has many poems about school and trouble you can encounter.

Reflection: These are cute poems that everyone can relate to because we all have gone to school.

Classroom Extension:
1. This book is especially good since students can relate. You can do a certain poem if something like that happened in your class that day.
2. You can have a poetry day.
  karennhesse | Oct 21, 2012 |
Summary: This book is a collection of poems about school and the different things that goes on there. The poem "Ooh Ooh! I Know!" is about how kids perceive the teachers calling on everyone else but them but when you get called on it's something you don't know.

Reaction: Honestly I wish I had this book of poetry when I was in middle school and elementary school because I would have a better understanding and love for poetry.

Extension 1: I could have the kids pick out their favorite poems and make posters that we can hang around the classroom.

Extension 2: I could have them write their own poems. ( )
  WPrice | Oct 8, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,275,615 books! | Top bar: Always visible